Clutch assembly

Signature

Registered
Gen 1 clutch basket-I picked up a 2006 turbo Busa, the clutch would not disengage. In the basket there were two metal rings. In my manual it does not show these rings. Are these metal rings for a gen 2? Or should they be there? One ring is flat and the other is convex. For the time being till I get the bike sorted out I want to run a stock clutch. Thank you. Steve

Gen 1 clutch basket-I picked up a 2006 turbo Busa, the clutch would not disengage. In the basket there were two metal rings. In my manual it does not show these rings. Are these metal rings for a gen 2? Or should they be there? One ring is flat and the other is convex. For the time being till I get the bike sorted out I want to run a stock clutch. Thank you. Steve
we need to see the pictures man

Gen 2 has these rings. I thought gen1 was the same.
This is a Gen2

96B52F95-9987-4332-A9F1-4487069C37B7.png

If you're talking about 9 and 10 a gen 1 has those.
Thanks
Gen 2 has these rings. I thought gen1 was the same.
This is a Gen2

View attachment 1598740
In my manual from Suzuki under engine 3-113 does not show the 2 rings. Thanks I might try it without. I was given some spare clutch discs two were marked A10 friction material is 5/16 and were slightly thicker. I think this may be the first disc in and it will miss the metal ring.
Thanks for the responses. This narrow discs were not used when I took the clutch discs out, thanks

Thanks

In my manual from Suzuki under engine 3-113 does not show the 2 rings. Thanks I might try it without. I was given some spare clutch discs two were marked A10 friction material is 5/16 and were slightly thicker. I think this may be the first disc in and it will miss the metal ring.
Thanks for the responses. This narrow discs were not used when I took the clutch discs out, thanks
This might help also. Again this is gen2.

02ABE1D5-E5CA-4333-BA72-8ADBAA32C9FB.png

Thanks

It's been awhile since I have changed a stock clutch, but as far as I remember you're correct. The two rings go in first, then the different fiber plate, then they alternate. Pay attention to the direction the fibers and steels face, it matters, and don't forget to soak the fibers before you install them.

Ok is your manual a PDF? And do you have the supplements.
Early Gen 1s Do not have the the spring washers, 99 and 2k.
01 and up does.

Ok is your manual a PDF? And do you have the supplements.
Early Gen 1s Do not have the the spring washers, 99 and 2k.
01 and up does.
Correct!
Here's the Gen 1 K6,
View attachment 1598782
Come to think of it I upgraded my stock 00 set-up to the 01+ on the first clutch change after buying the bike, and kept it that way until I put the multistage in. Sorry for the misinformation fellas, I'm old and tired....

The two rings go in first, then the different fiber plate, then they alternate. Pay attention to the direction the fibers and steels face, it matters, and don't forget to soak the fibers before you install them.
I haven't changed my busa clutch plates yet but my ZX-14 had that exact setup with the skinny steel ring and the cone spring ring. The cone went in first then the skinny steel ring. Then fibers and steels alternate. I believe all the fibers are the same part but on the Gen2 busa there are at least three different steels. They have different part numbers and need to be assembled in the correct order. I see someone posted a diagram above.

Back