Cloud 9 motor job

Wolfman

Registered
I was going to put this in the racing mods section but since the link to Cloud 9 is on general I put it here. But anyway. I learned the hard way to not let one of my friends ride my bike. The result was a blown motor. $#it happens. Oh well. I gave Daniel a call almost as soon as it happened and got ready to order a new motor. I had a stock motor and pulled it out and shipped it to him with a check. If you're getting a new motor there is no point in the getting the same thing. I told him I was getting into drag racing and he built me another motor with two intake cams, adjustable cam sprockets, 16 tooth sprocket, and some killer compression. He then told me how to do the small airbox mod. The result was a beast bike that not only doesn't perform the same.... It doesn't even sound the same. Talk about quick. Just let me find a ZX-14
muscle.gif
I used to be able to make my bike come up easy in first. But now it comes up on its own with a ROLL ON!!!!!!! When I finally put the 100 miles on it that Daniel suggested before hitting it hard I was riding with my buddies and gave it nice hard roll on in first and up she came. Not just a little tire lift. She was trying to stand all the way up. I have no idea at what rpm cause I was concentrating on hanging on
AAAssjani.gif

So if you are around his area, definitely think about taking your bike to him. Heck even if you aren't in his area. I am in Va and shipped my motor all the way to Oregon. So if you want to go fast give him a call. See you at the drag strip
SHOCKED.gif

Daniel is definetly a top shelf mechanic,salesman and friend.
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

rock.gif

This might be a summer project. Never been up that way so maybe a vacation is in order with a motor swap while I'm there.

That would be fun and I could feed the crew while I was at it.

runeight...

I will post numbers as soon as I get them. I am out to sea right now and Idon't know if the track will be open when I get back. We'll see though. I will definitely post some dyno numbers as soon as I get them.

You said that you were out with your buddies..

so it sounds like the bike is still streetable even know you want to drag it?
I guess my qestion is,is it still streetable?

(brendanp @ Nov. 06 2006,12:48) I guess my qestion is,is it still streetable?
I cant speak on Wolfman's particular combo since I do not know what the compression ration is.

My bike has close to the same mods with just a slight bump in compression and it is all day streetable.

Very cool!
beerchug.gif

Did you go with one of the packages he created? If yes, which one?

It is still streetable. So if you are a weekend racer but still ride your bike ofte I would highly recommend these mods. I didn't get a package. I just spent some time with him on the phone and we talked about all the different possibilities to get the best bang for my buck. Daniel will definitely make sure that you get what you want.

Back