clear alternatives tail light

BirBusa

Registered
Has anyone used the clear alternatives tail lights with the turn signsls? How hard are they to install?

Thanks
super.gif

Do you mean the integrated Tail light/ turn signals with the LED panel? If so, all that is required is to remove the bulbs and plug the attached socket into one of the bulb recepticles (if I remember correctly it is the left side) and then splice the yellow wires for the turn signals into the existing turn signal harnesses. It isn't difficult at all. Depending on your undertail, you may have to slide back or remove the tail cowling.

I hope that helps...
MCM

I had one and one of the wires came off the LED board. I re-attached it and then 3 LED's burnt out.So my left blink has a single line of yellow LED's that work. I really dont like the build quality. I think it could be a really good product if built a little better.

Clear Alternatives arn't bad; infact, they just came out with a turn signal flasher for the integrated tailights that takes the place of the resistors. If you feel squeemish about Clear Alternatives, check out www.hightecspeed.com for their fully programable UFO taillight assembly.

I have the intergrated tail light from C.A., I had to remove the tail section to install but it was not hard at all. I am lucky enough to only live a few miles from their location so I can pick things up locally. In fact last week my rear signal (left side) stopped working, they gave me a new one for free no questions asked. They didn't even ask for the defective L.E.D. board.

Love mine, make sure you install the resistors and some sort of heat shield as they get quite hot

they are very bright and bolt right in ... easy install ... cant go wrong

cut my tail off and put this on...cleans up the back end beautifully

I have one & it was very simple to install...You can cut the connector from your stock rear turnsignals & use those for the intergrated turnsignal wires on the CA tailight. By doing that, you keep the stock connection so if you need to removed the tail section in the future all you do is unplug the connectors.

I've had mine on for almost a year with no problems..LEDs are very bright & none have burnt out....

Back