Clear Alternatives Tail Light Question

Super Trucker

Donating Member
Registered
For those that have the clear lens with the interated signals. Are the signals actually yellow and the brake and tail light red? How visiable are the lights during the daylight? Do any of the people you ride with complain that they cannot see your signal/brake light?
Thanks

I ride with a couple of guys that have them

They are yellow signals and red brake, hard to see in direct sun light.

But not to bad.

Haven't seen anything aftermarket that matched the stock. Hard to follow some of these guys. They use hand signals some of the time, so they know their stuff sux.

I can't keep up with him so it doesn't matter. On top of that he did not even warn me about the roller coaster at the end when we left the last checkpoint. Can anyone say air time on a Busa.

SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Ditto what HeavyB said. My friends have not complained about them, they have commented on them and like it, so no complaints....

(dadofthree @ Jan. 10 2007,19:46) I can't keep up with him so it doesn't matter. On top of that he did not even warn me about the roller coaster at the end when we left the last checkpoint. Can anyone say air time on a Busa.

SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Thanks guys, I am cutting the flap off and tring to decide if I should use the stock tail light and small LED signals, or the clear alternative interated unit. I am only leaving enough of the flap to mount the license plate.

HeavyBusa's set up really is the way to go.

I had the clear alternatives integrated tail-light, but during the day, people just could not see which direction i was intending to signal. At a reasonable distance, the signal flasher just blends with the tail light, and you can't tell which side of the bike it's on. I couldn't lead a group 'cause people didn't know which way i was signalling

Got a pair of short stalk mini-LED's and problem solved.
I bought the Mini1 from Shock Racing. Good looks, quality and good visiblity

Just installed my C.A. Crystal Clear Integrated 2 weeks ago. Looks great, not as bright as stock in the sun but better than most undertails I've seen.

I left the fast blinker rate as is because it's more annoying (strobe like) and I feel it will catch the eyes of cage drivers more easily.

BanditKing  or heavybusa

Where are you mounting the LED signals? I have a pair of shock racing mini's #5, but I have already cut the tail section, all but the small piece for the plate. Pics wouls help. (daylight)

(Super Trucker @ Jan. 12 2007,20:49) BanditKing or heavybusa

Where are you mounting the LED signals? I have a pair of shock racing mini's #5, but I have already cut the tail section, all but the small piece for the plate. Pics wouls help. (daylight)
Custom licence plate/signal bracket as manufactured by my Number 1 mechanic, Z at Z1 Racing. Pic's to follow.

Back