Claims to fame!

Discreet: You worked at Stages?
rock.gif

Tommy,

Stages is actualy a chain bar. The one at the track wasn't one of them. There is also one in Kingston Ontario. Fun place, espically when Queens University has it's home coming!!!

Later,

Steve

Tommy,

Stages is actualy a chain bar.  The one at the track wasn't one of them.  There is also one in Kingston Ontario.  Fun place, espically when Queens University has it's home coming!!!

Later,

Steve
Thanx Tree! In all honesty, Stages is one of those places that I want to forget.
down.gif
Along with Music Room (remember that place in WR?), and half the bars on the Landing.
biggrin.gif

My claim to fame and also helped changed someone's life forever:

I was "Best Man" in "Postal's" wedding.

A few of the celebrities I've met,
Jay Leno
Raymond Burr
Desi Arnaz Jr.
Both Smothers Brothers
Evel Knevel
Mako

Saw the GoGos at a club on Sunset before they were famous,
Madness also, saw Van Halen perform at a fourth of July party when they were a backyard band.

I was an extra in a low budget movie and got "killed" by the bad guy. 4 seconds total in the movie.
Ran a 4:27 mile as a junior in high school. High jumped 5'11", I was 5'10" at the time.
Kids say I make the best spaghetti sauce, and roast beef w/ gravy. "you cook better than mom does" (I love it&#33
wink.gif

My "claim to fame," I RIDE A BUSA!

But seriously, not sure I should drop any names here, they might not like that.  I'll give you some hints though:

Person 1: Acquaintance of mine; was one of the orginal members of the band "Kansas."

Person 2: Acquaintance; Played pro football for the Chicago Bears (a long time ago).

Person 3: Friend; was a staff member for Ronald Reagan (while he was President).

Person 4: Very famous; best friend, is now the Post Master of the Wood River, IL Post Office. (he he).

cool.gif
Bob: I made you a celebrity (see #4).
biggrin.gif

Postal, I worked at Avalon. It is on the famous Lansdowne St. They are about 7 clubs in a row on a one-way street next to Fenway Park (Red Sox in case you didn't know). The owners are famous for bringing all types of celebrities. I would see Dan Akroyd on a regular basis. All the new and up and coming bands would play there first before they got too big for a small venue. i.e. Puddle of Mud, John Mayer, Bruce Willis' blues band, Gorrillaz, Hubastank, etc.. They also had hip hop, but I can't remember. David somebody, Missy Elliot. I met a few of these people, but it was more in passing or a roadie type of situation. I worked security at the ticket door. It was fun for a while. Scantily clad girls hanging all over you and taking off their clothes for you, but it gets old quick. They all want something you can give them, it's not that they like you. I think the best part was the VIP service that I still get in Boston. I never pay a cover or wait inline at the big clubs. People who work at clubs have like a secret handshake. They all know each other and take care of one another.

well........

Have met Gene Simmons and sat next to him on a 4 hour flight. Hung out with Bill Murray.

And I'm good friends with the performer formally known as Prince, have been since way before he became famous.

BTW, what does discreet007 mean? Does it mean that you're like 007, but without the ladies???
face7.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Brian

I forgot.  I ride with "Tree" here in Wood River, Illinois and he knows some famous Karate guys....... (He even has pictures with them!!&#33
wink.gif

bacharles I pay attention to you. I always know who is in my rear view mirrors!!!
ices_rofl.gif

Now what.... LOL

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Congrats on the 1000th post you post HO...

Stages used to be the ####.....I checked out the OZ one time when I was home on leave.......too many heads.

You guys ever check out Ella Firzgeralds over near Crestwood? Got pretty hammered in there back when I used to drink.

Back