Chrome rims. stock or aftermarket??

crzyfstlude

Registered
Im looking to either get stock rims chromed or purchase aftermarket ones for my gen 2. Anyone thats been through this all have any tips or know where I should start looking? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Getting your wheels chromed is time consuming and a hassle. Depending where you live there is probably a bike shop or dealer that does exchanges. Meaning, you bring in your bike(or just the wheels) and they swap them on the spot for chrome ones with new bearings. Most of these places have a large inventory of wheels for popular model bikes, Busa wheels are easy to get and in stock most places. Prices vary of course, but the average price seems to be around $600 for everything if they remove the wheels from your bike.
Aftermarket wheels are much more expensive. Usually $2k to $3k a set. There are many brands and styles that are for looks only. As most of these weigh as much as stock if not more. Lighter wheels make a noticeable difference in handling and performance, such as the carbon fiber ones made by BST, around $4k a set.
Ceramic wheel bearings are also a nice performance gain, with less rolling resistance. They fit stock and aftermarket wheels and are $400 a set, as opposed to around $100, $120 for stock steel bearings.
If you just like the look of chrome wheels, find the closest shop to you that does exchanges. Call em up and ride over.:beerchug:

^^ well said, Id just add that a set of polished CZ's would be the best of both worlds, not quite as blingy as chome, but they'll save weight too.

thx for all ur help guys and yes most def interested. My # is 267 357 8253 if u want to shoot me a text or call. Im building bike now so I need something soon thats for sure.

Back