Chrome wheels or powdercoat?

Blacksmith

Registered
So if all works out with my bike and I get her fixed soon I'd like to upgrade the stock wheels (the only ugly thing on a Busa besides the swingarm) but I dont have the $2K for the aftermarket ones I want yet. So I'm thinking either get some used stock chrome ones or have mine powder coated the blue of the metallic in the paint. Anybody done either one? I dont see many chrome Busa wheels but theres not many Busas around me anyway. I've even thought about sanding down mine and having them cleared but idk how thatd look and dont want to take that much time.

So if all works out with my bike and I get her fixed soon I'd like to upgrade the stock wheels (the only ugly thing on a Busa besides the swingarm) but I dont have the $2K for the aftermarket ones I want yet. So I'm thinking either get some used stock chrome ones or have mine powder coated the blue of the metallic in the paint. Anybody done either one? I dont see many chrome Busa wheels but theres not many Busas around me anyway. I've even thought about sanding down mine and having them cleared but idk how thatd look and dont want to take that much time.

Good luck with chrome. My (beautiful) gold rims are soooo dirty always..- I can only imagine how chrome will look after a ride!

Polishing them will be a big job, if you did decide to go that route.
A clear coat would have to be sprayed on it to protect the aluminum from oxidizing.

Blue powder coat would look nice as well....

Big decision there...

Polish is the cheapest, requires the most elbow grease and is the hardest to maintain. Chrome is easy to maintain, but as mentioned will be susceptible to pitting and flaking.
Powdercoat is easy to maintain and more durable than chrome, plus you can get any color you want. Literally.

Hi. Get a 2nd job and save your money and get BTS carbon fiber rims. I bought my Busa and well a few up grades to make mine when I am done I will have about $90,000.00 in it. So much for a few upgrades.

Nah I dont want carbon wheels I want forged aluminum, probably Coremoto in blue. I know the cf performs better but with me being so new to riding I'm sure I'll never be able to ride a stock Busa to its potential but I do love to look at them so I'll be doing some performance mods but mostly aesthetics. Thanks for the replies boys I'll skip the crome and wait for the Coremotos

Powder coat them bad boys. Dunno bout where you are but it’s only like $200 around here. Which is a deal considering you get the look you want. Plus later on if you get your new rims an good time one up you got a good look spare set on standby

You can powder coat with this finish not real chrome but unless you were building a show bike it would probably do the job for less dollars and work.

Back