White Rims

agentadam

Registered
Has anyone tried white rims on a dark GenII? I figured it would contrast nicely with the current black on black ,everything black, even the forks, look of the GenII's. It reminds me of the cars they produced in the 30's or 50's during hard times called "black out specials" or something because they couldn't afford all the chrome and polished parts. I should be able to pull the rims and get them powder coated somewhere locally for a couple hundred bucks.

Eventually I would like chrome rims,chrome swing-arm,and polished frame but I would like to get it payed off first. If it's only $360 to exchange for chromed rims it might not be worth all of the trouble to swap the sprocket and rotors for just the white powder coated rims. I might really like the white though and just leave the rest black. I could spend all that money towards a GenI to chrome out :laugh:

The gold rims look nice too. There is a set in the classified for under 200. I wish they where more of an anodized look than bronze but they match the front forks nicely.

DO IT. Seriously just to be different. I'm getting half my bike powdercoated gold but thats my thing, do it in White I bet people would love it.

Might get dirty but whatever we are all nuts and clean our bikes even when they're clean anyway

Go for it :thumbsup: after taking red's advice on using pledge, cleaning wheels is a breeze. :laugh:

I took the Pledge! I mean I went to the store, saw the price, and took the Pledge!!:laugh: Okay okay I'm just kidding but it does make my wheels shine very nicely, thanks for tip Red!:thumbsup:

Pledge wood duster in the yellow can? You learn somthing new every day. I had just got a couple cans. Now what will actually keep stuff from sticking to them like chain wax and road tar.

I think i am going to try the white. Not to blingy and will look factory fresh n clean but custom to those in the know. I would prefer them to be white so its easier to see when cleaning every spec off. :) Perhaps i should get them clear coated after powder coating to make for a shinier and smoother surface for cleaning.

I was actually considering painting my bike flip-flop Camellian with this gallon of Alsa Corp. Tropical Passion I have as black is the perfect base coat and have the first 2nd gen with flipflop paint. This paint would look good with all of the contours on these bikes. Maybe in 5-10 years with all chrome frame,swingarms,rims when these things aren't the newest thing out.

Last edited:
Just FYI, I spent about 7 hours working on a buddies VFR with white wheels and they do look sharp, but they show every little nick and scratch way worse than than the gold anodised rims on my VFR750 or the black ones on my other bikes.

Just my 2c :whistle:

Good luck keeping them clean just my $.02... and :welcome:

ACTUALLY smac, no, theyre pretty easy to keep clean..

I had White one's powdercoated on my Yam and they were gorgeous, what I found out is this..much like other coats..Powdercoating is BEST kep clean witha DRY rag...if you wet them it's a biatch to get stuff off, dunno why it just is. But if you grab a dry rag and wipe they come out really purdy...

Im considering doing this to the 09..I think they look awesome

Go for it bro!:thumbsup:

Back