Chrome, of the Google kind

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
I'm trying the new browser from Google, Chrome

So far, I'm not impressed.

Yes, it loads the pages faster but it has a cartoonish feel about it. It also refuses to install plugins so I'm getting some annoying messages that won't go away.

They have done some nice things such as pulling the tabs up above the address bar so each tab has it's own address bar, etc. When you open a new tab it shows thumbnails of your most frequently visited pages. Yeah, NOT AT WORK! Last thing I need when I open my browser to do a conference or something is for clients to see where I most often visit (umm, here and cnn.com, just so you know). But I can see where that could get embarrassing for some of you, and you know who you are.

Overall, I give it a 5 out of 10. Maybe a 4.5. Unless you like software that feels like a teenager wrote it, don't install yet.

it'll have growing pains but probably end up very good. Google produces some of the best price-per-feature software available [usually free]. give it time :)

Before you install it, read the fine-print:
"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services."

I'm not an attorney but if I read this correctly, any information I send or receive through this application (albeit free application) they will have the right to do anything they want with it. No thanks. Google Chrome now uninstalled.

Correct.

2 GOOD reasons to avoid this product [now that I have already talked it up]

1. Google is partially [or fully] DOD supported. say bye bye to privacy, hello to the national 666 database

2. No AD BLOCKAGE, especially Google Ads.

back to Fire Fox and AD BLOCKER PLUS for me :)

whew thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Captain reads this cause he is using it.

Back