Chrome Grill Screens

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Vic realy hooked me up! Iinstalled my chrome grill screens today as my own fathers day gift! They look great VIC.... superb

Grill_Screens_003.jpg

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,18:38) Looks good. You putting them in the rear cowl as well?
I have the rear as well.... however, little scared because I have not removed rear cowl before and need a little help on proper procedurs to remove without damage!

(porterfm @ Jun. 17 2007,19:05)
(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,18:38) Looks good. You putting them in the rear cowl as well?
I have the rear as well.... however, little scared because I have not removed rear cowl before and need a little help on proper procedurs to remove without damage!
JUSt completed mine last week and it was a breeze. I use sandwich zip locks marked with a perm marker so I kno't forget where each bolt goes. Pics as you uninstall also help. PM me if you have any specific questions.

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,19:50)
JUSt completed mine last week and it was a breeze. I use sandwich zip locks marked with a perm marker so I kno't forget where each bolt goes. Pics as you uninstall also help. PM me if you have any specific questions.
OK, you talked me into it. I'll do the same and will knock that out this weekend!

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,20:50) I use sandwich zip locks marked with a perm marker so I kno't forget where each bolt goes.
Great idea, I wish I use zip locks instead of big bucket...
wow.gif

(porterfm @ Jun. 18 2007,05:53)
(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,19:50)
OK, you talked me into it.  I'll do the same and will knock that out this weekend!
Don't forget to reattach the lock cable or you will add a few bad words to your vocabulary. Some members just leave the cable attached and remove the lock so it won't happen. GL, it will be worth it.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 18 2007,08:44)
(SnapAttack @ Jun. 17 2007,20:50) I use sandwich zip locks marked with a perm marker so I kno't forget where each bolt goes.
wow.gif
Thanks. I'll pass on the gratitude to my 8-year-old son. He works on all my mods and came up with this idea. Since we have SEVERAL projects going at once, he puts them in a bag and tapes it to the part.

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 18 2007,09:54)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 18 2007,08:44)
wow.gif
Thanks. I'll pass on the gratitude to my 8-year-old son. He works on all my mods and came up with this idea. Since we have SEVERAL projects going at once, he puts them in a bag and tapes it to the part.
smart little brat..
jump9.gif

You should be proud of him.

I almost didnt put the screens on the back part for the same reason as you. I wasn't sure about removing the rear section. Just take your time with it & you'll find that it is actually alot easier than you think....

Be very careful when putting it back on, several of us have damaged the rear reflector doing this. And while you're at remove those side reflectors. Nice scoot, nice job.
super.gif

(ambulldog @ Jun. 18 2007,06:24) lookin good.  i also saw
SHOCKED.gif
reflectors there
Those are not just reflectors... I upgraded to the reflectors/bug zappers.... it creates an electro field that kills all bugs within a 10 foot radius. LOL Just can not take them off... I fear that maybe that 80 year old lady that is driving with her head just below the top of the steering wheel might see me because of them.
ices_rofl.gif

Back