Chrome delete?

I don't know what Suzuki was thinking when they decided to put a chrome strip on the gen 3.....
So if I remember correctly, I have to say that cause I’m old and forgetting everything lately…. But I think I read that they did it in the wind tunnel, something about a painted suface “feathered” the air coming off it and the chrome was much smoother across the area… if you notice we have the little black wings on each side just above the chrome and under the mirrors made of plastic. I’d have been fine with that where the chrome is… Suzuki doing their best in the tunnel tho so I won’t complain too much.
I think one of my first posts here was to Chidago about removing the plastics just so I could change the chrome! Lol

So if I remember correctly, I have to say that cause I’m old and forgetting everything lately…. But I think I read that they did it in the wind tunnel, something about a painted suface “feathered” the air coming off it and the chrome was much smoother across the area… if you notice we have the little black wings on each side just above the chrome and under the mirrors made of plastic. I’d have been fine with that where the chrome is… Suzuki doing their best in the tunnel tho so I won’t complain too much.
I think one of my first posts here was to Chidago about removing the plastics just so I could change the chrome! Lol
Sounds like they were shoveling it hard in whatever you read....

The other generations were born in the wind tunnel (the first production bike to do so) and there's no chrome on them.

My only comment to all that is, I dont give a f about that bit of chrome, and the drama it will take to change it..aint gonna be faster with no chrome...lol

I don't love the chrome, don't hate it.
Kinda cool how the gold, blue, and red parts swap around and change the looks of the black, white, and silver.
Easy way to customize.
Changing just the chrome to any color makes a big difference itself.
The hardest part of working on new bikes is always the fairings anyway...figuring out how to get it apart without breaking anything...then they're all basically the same underneath.

In the end I probably won't even bother with it... I don't see cosmetic changes down the line for my bike. That chrome piece will remind me I am Puerto Rican and when my people (Ricans) at the local bike night ask me where my chrome, 6 million flashing LED lights or extended swingarm are at.... I will just point at the chrome piece and still feel part of my people... *cue the Disney music*

Do you remember @InfiniteReality 's
gen2?
He dipped the whole bike 5 or 6 different colors. Every one of them turned out really good too.
8x actually, lol.

It's durable stuff, although I never left it on for longer than 6 months it seems, lol. I'd use it on the chrome, but I personally wouldn't ever recommend doing fairings unless they're trashed already. Mine lasted till dip #4 before it permanently messed up my paint.

I definitely won't be dipping this bike but will get stuff wrapped. Unsure if I'll attempt or not.

Do you mind virtually doing a couple with the Silver?

I hate the chrome also and can’t decide if I should go Red or Black or something completely different on that small strip of chrome.
I'm a noob in photoshop, but I did some tries:

grey grey.jpg

grey silver.jpg

grey black.jpg

grey blue.jpg

gry red black.jpg

grey red.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All, someone knows how to remove them? I mean the chrome strip. or is it best to wrap them without removing them from the bike?

No, you don't wanna go try wrapping it on the bike. The pieces come off, but you gotta pull the screws and the clips off the backside of the fairing to release them.

Moore Mafia will wrap them for you for 150 bucks. I'm pretty sure that's for the pair and not individual. You have to pay to buy the new part, they wrap it and send it to you, then you get a refund when you mail them yours. I wrapped mine myself, but it was definitely a pain.

Back