Chris Moore Gen 3 clickbait?

my gen 2 zx14 motor makes 208hp with just a woolich tune on 93. not that the busa needs more power but i am stumped on why Suzuki didnt at least compete with that.
My ZX14R makes 210bhp on Aussie 98 pump gas , which is equivalent to US 93 . Race gas is pretty much irrelevant for street at todays prices , so only the street fuel dyno numbers are of interest to me . Back in the old day of leaded fuel , you get 100 octane aviation fuel from certain pump stations ... those were the days .

It has been done in big HP bikes/1441 builds that. I dont know of anyone that has done Gen 2 cams on a stock Gen 3 head though. I am about to have my engine built and there is talk of using Gen 2 cams in my build with a very ported Gen 3 head
I am surprised by the fact that after all these years, I have not seen any information about installing gen2 camshafts on gen3. This sounds like a simple mod.

I am surprised by the fact that after all these years, I have not seen any information about installing gen2 camshafts on gen3. This sounds like a simple mod.

I have not yet worked on a Gen3 yet, but I have on the Gen1 and Gen2, as well as many other bikes, and Yes, cams are a simple mod in these engines.
They are advertised as 'Drop In', meaning as it sounds, just install them, no Degree Wheel and adjustable cam gears required.
A degree wheel doesn't fit into the frame obviously, so that means engine out.
So, for drop-in cams, the job isn't much more involved than a valve adjustment/shim replacement.
I would like to see Chris Moore dyno the final product cams in a bike with and without aftermarket velocity stacks too, so we can truly see the difference in the two, then combined.
These new cams(and maybe Gen2 cams) could possibly see more gain from a new style of velocity stacks now.
As before, the cams were basically done at 10k rpm, but the stacks and flash just let the engine maintain the power a little longer/higher in the revs.
Maybe these cams match the aftermarket stacks well, or better, or maybe new stacks could squeeze out a few more hp?
Considering what we have seen in 2 brands of stacks and tunes vs one another as well.
Time will tell.

Thanks to CM my short CT looks will be gaining popularity again.

Screenshot_20231009_095837_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20231009_100417_Gallery.jpg

thanks I figured someone would do tons of grinds for them, like back in the old days..................lol

The sportbike scene has changed too much since those days, lol
It's all bolt it on and go, or if you open the engine it's getting turbo'd, no real in between, or real demand for cams anymore because of it, but they can be a really good mod for not alot when done right.
I thought that Schnitz Racing still did Gen1 and Gen2 stock cam swaps and regrinds, but I'm not sure.

Have you seen this new video what is your opinion?
My opinion is that some track mods work on the street scene and some are for track only i use 18-45 for the street and i love it i dont have any willie isues and im short wb at 61 and a half im strapped and i have suspension adjusted. One thing ive heard dont remember in what Brocks or Moore Mafia video i cant find it now that the Gen3 clutch mod is not necesary needed for the street so then a person like me that only uses the bike for street racing trying a few mods here and there i dont see it fair to spend another $1,000 to see if the Gen3 clutch mod works or not. Let us know your friendly opinion thanks.

Richard and TTS is recommending GEN 2 cams with forced induction. At least with his kit.

I spoke to Chris. He's working on testing on the camshaft. Then they got to get them out there with whatever cam profile they decide on. At least it'll give the Gen 3 guys a little pick me up. With the right bolt-ons.

Back