Chris Moore Gen 3 clickbait?

SS4Luck

Registered
Does anyone know anything about the bill they're doing on this collector's edition bike? I know the title will be partially clickbaiting because YouTube revenue but if anybody's going to figure out this bike I would imagine it would be him

Screenshot_20231006_152028_Instagram.jpg

I saw a video today regarding his Anniversary Edition build....he mentioned a full Brock's system, BST rims, stacks, tune, swingarm.......that's for the giveaway bike....

I'm not sure what he has planned for his own Anniversary bike....

Okay let's create some controversy.

200hp is still cool. Would be cooler on pump or even e85. BUT overall, for the work cams are Im. Not impressed.

BT moto advertised 187/197 (93/MR12) with their tune stacks and brocks exhaust.
My bike with the BT setup and my arata made 184 on 91
Chris made 193/200.
Let's round to make things easier.

BT 190/200
My personal bike 185
MM 195/200

Including inflation for sales and marketing. I don't see a significant or big enough difference to justify the cost and labor of swapping cams for 5 hp. Not even a Maxx effort stock motor chest the rules kind of situation would I see that being worth. It didn't move the RPM band up and in a real world acersge rider situation that anniversary bike won't be any faster than a true stock motor bike. I would put my bike or a lot of the other lightweight bikes up against that cam only bike and would bet if you're not trying to go 200 the lightweight bikes would still best it.

I know gen 2 cams drop into the gen 3 head. Carpenter has a 210hp head and intake intake cam package for 2500. They have a 220+ ported head true cam package for like 4000.

In the big scheme of things I'm just not overly satisfied and don't think people that spend the money will be either.

Okay let's create some controversy.

200hp is still cool. Would be cooler on pump or even e85. BUT overall, for the work cams are Im. Not impressed.

BT moto advertised 187/197 (93/MR12) with their tune stacks and brocks exhaust.
My bike with the BT setup and my arata made 184 on 91
Chris made 193/200.
Let's round to make things easier.

BT 190/200
My personal bike 185
MM 195/200

Including inflation for sales and marketing. I don't see a significant or big enough difference to justify the cost and labor of swapping cams for 5 hp. Not even a Maxx effort stock motor chest the rules kind of situation would I see that being worth. It didn't move the RPM band up and in a real world acersge rider situation that anniversary bike won't be any faster than a true stock motor bike. I would put my bike or a lot of the other lightweight bikes up against that cam only bike and would bet if you're not trying to go 200 the lightweight bikes would still best it.

I know gen 2 cams drop into the gen 3 head. Carpenter has a 210hp head and intake intake cam package for 2500. They have a 220+ ported head true cam package for like 4000.

In the big scheme of things I'm just not overly satisfied and don't think people that spend the money will be either.
Im in that same line as you not impresed

my gen 2 zx14 motor makes 208hp with just a woolich tune on 93. not that the busa needs more power but i am stumped on why Suzuki didnt at least compete with that.
Suzuki went the safe route.....they didn't have to compete with the ZX14R anymore.....they did make a whole bunch of changes to the engine.....I wonder how hard it would have been breath a little fire into it....

I get that the aftermarket will get the bike to where people want it but it seems pretty expensive to get it there.

Hi guys. Has anyone here already installed Gen2 camshafts on a Gen3 engine? Are there any results? Initially, this looks like a simple solution that can raise the potential of gen3 to the level of gen2 at least.
It’s been 3 years since the premiere, and I still haven’t come across information about such a swap

Hi guys. Has anyone here already installed Gen2 camshafts on a Gen3 engine? Are there any results? Initially, this looks like a simple solution that can raise the potential of gen3 to the level of gen2 at least.
It’s been 3 years since the premiere, and I still haven’t come across information about such a swap
It has been done in big HP bikes/1441 builds that. I dont know of anyone that has done Gen 2 cams on a stock Gen 3 head though. I am about to have my engine built and there is talk of using Gen 2 cams in my build with a very ported Gen 3 head

Back