Cherohala Skyway

That was my favorite ride of all time.... Thanks for the remonder pics....

CAp

lurk.gif

Ok guys, I will try to get the vid of at least the "runners" and the LEO's tomorrow... The whole ride will take a couple of weeks at least to get it right and I leave Tuesday for three weeks of school on a new airplane... sooooo, the whole thing might be awhile.  At least I'll get back from school for the Bash (hopefully).  Anyway, for those who wanted to know about my radar detector setup, here it is and it works wonderfully well.

First of all, I'm using a Beltronics RX65 and I love it.  In this pic I have taken the windscreen off and drilled the drain hole that is there slightly larger and added a grommet.  There are two small cables, one connects to the 12v power, the other connects to a long receptical for an ear phone.
RadarReroute.jpg

Here it is installed... note the two cables on the right side that went into the hole and routed to the battery and to the seat (next pic will explain)
IMG_1334.jpg

Here is the where the ear phone plugs in.  I put the earphone in before I put my helmet on, zip my jacket up over it with about 8 inches or so hanging out, get on and plug it in.  The RX65 alerts me with beeping first and then tells me in plain language exactly what kind of radar it is.  Neato!!!  You can hear it under absolutely any conditions with the earphone and no one else can.  Hope this helps because this unit has saved me at least 20 times in the last year from a "really bad" situation.
IMG_1104.jpg

One last pic
IMG_3382.jpg

Hmmm, I'm liking that setup. Saving you from 20 "appointments" is awesome. What is the thingy on the brake reservoir? Part of the power supply for the garmin???

(Poppy @ Sep. 03 2007,09:30) Hmmm, I'm liking that setup. Saving you from 20 "appointments" is awesome. What is the thingy on the brake reservoir? Part of the power supply for the garmin???
It's a waterproof external antenna for the Garmin... much much better than the little antenna that attaches directly to the unit.

That is hands down some of the most beautiful country around. Looking forward to the video, nice bike btw!

SWEEEEEEET setup...
thumb_up.gif
I have the RX65 as well, and it does work very well.. I just bought it last week, and had 8 "Alerts" on a 500 mile trip.. It was $350.00 which included 2nd day air to my house... The power supply to the unit itself has a connection just like a phonejack, so it does not come unplugged from vib's/bumps...
winkold.gif

Back