checking tappet clearence

DeermeetBusa

Registered
Hey everyone...First I must say this site is great, I always get quik accurate responses on all my questions. So thanks everyone. Anyways Im trying to check my tappet clearences and I have the hayes maneul...what I dont get is how in the hell do you get the loose valve cover out when the throttle bodies seem to be in the way. The manuel says you dont need to move the T-bodies; but there is no room to slide out the valve cover. Is there some trick I dont know or what?

I haven't heard of any tricks to getting the cover out. You might try calling the service guys at your local suzuki dealership. Usually they have no problem giving out that info.
lurk.gif

Yes, I had to unscrew the 2 clamps that clamp the throttle bodies on. I didn't disconnect anything else. Once you pop the TBs off, you can move them just enough to get the cylinder head cover out. It is a pain, just keep wiggling
wink.gif

You can pop out the rubber plugs in the frame to access the screws with a very long screw driver. I used a phillips bit to a bit holder to a 1/4" extension to another 1/4" extension to a socket wrench. But a very long screw driver would be easier if you have one.

Back