Check your Chain

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Wow,

I checked my chain the other day when I was going to ride Misty to work, Everything looked ok, A little bit of play but nothing that wasnt within specs. I rode to work and back ( 92 Miles ) got her home, Parked her and thanked her for a nice ride, Blew her a kiss and put her too bed.

Got up the next day and decided to take her to the Marina, Only about a block away, Riding around the Marina I heard a slapping sound I didnt like, Pulled over and checked the chain and low and behold, It was looser than it should be.

Relativley new chain, I think it finally decided to stretch a little.

So check those chains before you ride, No matter how small the ride.

Went thru the same thing when I went on my 1st ride with my 08 & snapped a link and threw the chain off ! Great Advice !!!!!:thumbsup:

Good reminder, I had a Sportster that the chain got loose while I was on the road and was slowly cutting it's way through the oil tank bracket on its way to the oil tank before I could get it tightened up. Event also reminded me to start carrying tools!

Will do Michael. Are you still touchin the frame or did you shop install grind it enough? I check mine daily due to my on-site machining:whistle:

Will do Michael. Are you still touchin the frame or did you shop install grind it enough? I check mine daily due to my on-site machining:whistle:

No problems here.

==========================================================

000_3285.jpg

000_3293.jpg

Back