Check this new helmet out!

cool.gif
looks like a good idea

I wonder if at night you can really see much? Is the view REVERSED?? Hate to swing right thinking Im avoiding something coming up fast only to swerve in it's path

that one has been around for a bit in europe, recall reading about it last year. Has it finally made it to the US? I couldnt do that and the sportvue, too much information overload
blush.gif

interesting concept, I don't think I'll have one either, I'll stick with the side mirrors and life savers.

great idea and it is a nice looking lid, but i can't sacrifice comfort from my arai quantim f
rock.gif

Looks like a good idea. The angle of the lens will be the hard part.

I couldnt do that and the sportvue, too much information overload
blush.gif
The gaget-meister is passing on this one, Brian are you feeling alright.  Lol

Chris
yeah buddy, I'm good
biggrin.gif
We need to hook up sometime soon for some concealed carry stuff and riding. Gun show is in two weeks
cool.gif

And I am *almost* gagetted out on the bike for now... its winter time, focus goes back on the neglected truck for a little bit
cool.gif

cool.gif

Does the busa need a rear view anything? The object in your mirror is getting smaller.

Awesome Idea!

I hate the look of the mirrors on the busa...or any sportbike for that matter. If you could get rid of them, and still be able to see behind you (I.E. This helmet) that is awesome!

Probably be a while before they work all the bugs out and become DOT certified though, but good for them for bringing something like this out.

Next up will be a rear view camera system projected on the lense of the visor!

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131063413 -->

Next up will be a rear view camera system projected on the lense of the visor!
I thought they had one of those, like the HUD in pilots helmets.....unless I was imagining it...

But that helmet won't work with a pillion....

Another great idea would be an encased LCD on the back of the rider's helmet, with information like trip meter and speedo for the pillion to view...maybe it can be wirelessly transmitted from the bike to the helmet via bluetooth, and voila....pillions have something to look at other than the sticker on the back of the rider's helmet.

my buddy is selling plasma to get one of these. been waiting for years. we aregue about it. he says it'll be much, MUCH safer [seeing what is coming up] but I feel it's a distraction. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, you would spend MORE time, trying to move your head around while looking in the mirror, just to get it to point someplace helpful and run into something in the mean time. I'm not against progress, but I will NOT be the first one out the door testing this. after I read about how many times it saved lives of motorcyclists as opposed to how many accidents it may have CAUSED, THEN I will consider it. I hope my friend is not one of the first accidents. I'll turn my head over trusting ANY mirror, ANY day of the week

I'll turn my head over trusting ANY mirror, ANY day of the week
[/QUOTE]

+1!

it would be "neat" .. if there was a " Zoom / Zoomout " button .. thtway ( 1 ) could watch the faces of the people ( 1 ) leaves behind ..
smile.gif
< dont mind me I'm just thread "ho'n " ..for my 800th post >
cool.gif

Back