Check this out..

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
anybody looking for an extra helmet ( shoei )? How about a bike stand, lock and cover? I stumbled across this tonight and thought it may be useful for somebody. Bikestand/helmet/lock/cover all in one package. And current bid is only like 70 Bucks.

Click here

My scam radar is going off here but maybe it's a false alarm. The guy has one feedback to his name for selling a mystery box to someone to raise money and send his kid to camp. That someone who bought it for $76 also only has one feedback to his name for buying the mystery box. They guy selling the stuff joined on 6-26-05 and the guy who bought his mystery box and gave eachother their only feedback joined on 7-24-05. Coincidence? I don't know but it smells a little fishy and the wording for the auction sounds funny too. Maybe being to distrustfull.
wink.gif

OK, so I email the seller at 1am pacific time and he emails back right away. I am guessing foreign country and another time zone. Very unusual to get a response that fast when he is supposed to be in Everett just south of me. I asked what the model # of the helmet was and is there were any scrapes, dings or scratches. Here is his response, all that is missing is the part about the million dollars and they need someone to deposit it into their bank account in the US. Probably the same guys.
mad.gif

HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTREST IN THE SHOEI HELMET.I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER,BUT IT DOES HAVE A FEW SCRATCHES THAT ARE VERY MINOR.I WILL BE BUFFING THEM OUT BEFORE I SHIP THE ITEM.NO IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY DINKS OR KNICKS IN IT.IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND A WONDERFUL PIECE TO HAVE.I HOPE YOU SUBMIT A BID AND WIN.YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED IF YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER.

IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND A WONDERFUL PIECE TO HAVE.I HOPE YOU SUBMIT A BID AND WIN.YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED IF YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER.
Come on people, if your gonna scam someone at least figure out how to speak like a westerner.
I emailed him and told him I would be in Federal Way, WA which is just south of me tomorrow and Thursday and would like to see the stuff as I need all of them but am concerned about the age of the helmet and whether it meets current standards or not. We will see what his response is.
smile.gif

So here's his response to the Q about me checking it out in person.

i will get the model number for you and email it to you.i do not want to violate any of ebays rules...sorry.i hope this will be of help to you.i will email the model number asap.

laugh.gif

What joke, this guy is definitely a scam and I am going to email the people who have bidded on his stuff and warn them.
smile.gif

Are you a scammer?
argue.gif
No, I just want your money for a product I will not send since I don't have it.

I snooped some more and found some funny stuff when I looked at the bid history to warn the others via email.
-12 bids are from one person who has only one feedback, you guessed it, from buying a mystery box to send his kid to camp and he joined on, 7-30-05.
-another bidder has no history but joined on, 6-29-05
-yet another bidder has one history and, drum roll please, you guessed it again he bought a mystery box to send this guys kid to camp and he joined on, 6-24-05.

I emailed the two legit bidders and ebay so hopefully no one gets robbed. Funny I havn't heard back on the helmet model # yet. Another time zone, in another country, where they are sleeping while we are awake maybe?
rock.gif

I'm amazed at how many different ways there are to scam people on Ebay! I got had it to Nijinski and Justine, they are the champion scam hounds!
smile.gif

He just emailed me back with a helmet model #. It doesn't look like it even correlates to anything. Will google it and see. Here is what he said.

HELLO THERE.HERE IS THAT MODEL NUMBER TO THE SHOEI HELMET YOU HAD INQUIRED ABOUT.IT IS:DG389100 I HOPE THIS IS OF HELP TO YOU.THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIDDING.

rock.gif

Back