check out my new tail light!!!

sleeperbusa, it's actually hard to tell if it's brighter than stock. Did some research before purchasing it and most said the stocker was just a tad brighter. I think it is more eye-catching though and more easily noticed with all the bright led's. Was gonna take some before and after photos so i could see the difference in looks and also how bright it was, but of course i was so excited and got in a hurry (like i always do), and had to install it right away. As to your second question, yes u can install it without the integrated turn signals. It is a plug and play tail light socket, with two single wire's hanging off for the left and right signals, which u can just leave laying in the tail. Most i have seen with the integrated lights actually don't end up hooking the turn signals up

That's one thing that kept me from getting one, so far. I don't want the intigrated blinkers. I guess it isn't so bad in addition to the stock blinkers tho. I'm all about being seen at night from behind.
Thamnks for the reply.

Where did you buy it from?

bought it from motodynamics.com, think it was $95 with shipping. Ordered it wednesday morning and it arrived saturday, didn't even ship until thursday morning but got here very quickly

The LED blinkers draw so little additional amperage that the bi-metal element in the flasher unit doesn't heat up any faster than with just stock so the rate remains close to the same. I think??? That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :laugh:

finally someone has an answer:laugh::laugh:. Sounds good to me. Was just surprised when i hooked the signals up and it didn't change the blink rate. Not sure why anybody wouldn't want to wire the signals up anyway, piece of cake to do. Was all prepared to wire in a new flasher relay, bought all the connectors, some wire, and of course the flasher, but didn't end up needing it. Now i gotta return all that crap!!

When I got my '08 almost 2 years ago,that was the second mod I did . Never hooked up the turn signals though . I love mine .

Hey Pitbull...Its very visible. I have the same complete blackout kit and the actual LED tail light itself is tinted. No issues with visibility. 2nd pic is without the brake engaged.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited:
Back