led flasher relay/resistors for integrated tail light

hemi

Registered
just installed my new integrated tail light on my 08 and love it. Want to hook up the integrated signals, just crimping them onto the stock signal wiring with a insulation displacement crimp connector, so i have the stock signals and tail light signals flashing at the same time. I am aware this will speed up the flash rate, so the light came with two ginormous resistors, that i don't really want to have just flopping around in the tail. Can i just buy a flasher relay from my local auto parts store that will work? If so, anybody have an idea which one, and is it pretty much just plug and play? If i do use the resistors, i just install them inline one each wire from the tail light to the signal wiring of left/right sides correct? For instance, the light has a blue and yellow leads hanging out for the signals, so i would just crimp one resistor on each lead and then crimp the other end of the resistor onto the stock left/right signal wiring, correct? Is there a smaller resistor i could use, these things are huge, about 2" long and 1/2" thick

Buy an EP12 flasher from napa or wherever you've got local. Splice it in under the left dash panel with the factory flasher. It's pretty loud at idle or with the bike off, but you won't notice it going down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just use what came with mine and it worked fine. I have the same set up you have. I just put the resestors like it said and everything was good. It did not speed up anything. Hope this helps

that's exactly what i did, as u can see in my other post. Just crimped them onto the stock signal wiring and they blink completely normal

Back