Cheap Paint on the BUSA

OB_robino

Registered
Are you saying that THE SILVER ON ALL 'BUSAS IS A STICKER??????
SO I CAN TAKE THAT OFF WITH A HEAT GUN IF I WANTED?????
IT SHURE LOOKS LIKE PAINT THAT'S NOT CLEARED OVER TO ME.......
HAS ANYONE TRIED TO TAKE THAT SILVER OFF?????
i KNOW THE 'BUSA EMBLEMS COME OFF BUT THE SILVER??????

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....SAY I HAVE A BLACK/SILVER BUSA...IF I TOOK THE SILVER STICKER OFF I WOULD HAVE AN ALL BLACK BUSA....IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING? ARE YOU SURE IT'S PAINTED BLACK UNDER THAT SILVER(IN MY CASE)

Havabusa - Thanks for the web address, just the information I was looking for.

robino - My silver is painted on just as the blue.... If you pull one of your fairings off and turn it around, you will notice that it is painted not a sticker. The only sticker is the Hayabusa logo and (This applies to mine anyways)

Actually, the closer I look at it now, it seems that they painted entire fairing blue, then did the silver over that! What a crappy job!

lantabusa - Cool color your going for!!! I checked with my auto guy, they carry the paint... Still gonna be close to $1000 to paint it with that color reflective paint. Just consider it another mod.... Should look wicked on the busa!

[This message has been edited by adowell (edited 18 August 2000).]

so then why the hell you saying it 's a sticker man...got me all excited for nothing.

got to paint the whole thing black now.

robino - I did not say that, I said it was paint..... Pure glossy black all over looks awesome!

Someone on labusas has one, excellent looking bike

It's not a sticker!?!? There goes my winter plans. I was going to have the silver removed and use the blue as the base color for a mural. Have to rethink those plans now.

paint job is very cheap. i mentioned this on the board before.
My 95 gpz1100 paint was of incredible quality next to this. I know, I know that was a Kawi. But still, I am not impressed with Suzuki paint at all. Color schemes on the busa are awesome though. too bad the quality is not there.

[This message has been edited by bimmerbusa (edited 18 August 2000).]

Busa has cheap attributes. Bottom line you gets whats yous pays fors. Remember, they left off the bells and whistle for a reason. Coulda did more and charged you for it. I would rather pay less for it then make my own upgrades with the jack I saved. Thanks Suzuki for keeping it affordable. Have you priced a 1960's technology Cruiser lately. Da-mn no running ugly a-s-s s-h-i-t costs more than a high tech marvel like the Busa and 12. No doubt, the Busa is a terrific bargain.
Jay R Hammock

Good point. I stand corrected on that.
So much technology for a lousy 10 grand.
Try and get a european or american bike to match that.. no way..... foook the paint.
looks good enough---bike is fookin fast as hell and i love every minute (second) of it.......

Has anyone noticed how cheap the paint is on the BUSA. I don't think they even clear coated the damn thing.

You can feel the line from burgundy to silver. I thought it was a sticker at first.

Just do what I am doing booker..... Repainting a custom color next year. I saw this show truck on the street last night. When it approached me it was green, as it went by it turned to a purple color... Pretty cool effect.

I know the body shop that did the work. Think I will get something similar for my bike.

The bike is clear-coated..... I am looking at the fairing off right now.

They are painted blue/silver

Question for you?????

When you installed your Throttlemeister, how did you do it..... I still cannot get mine to fit properly...

adowell, I'm painting baby too this winter. Midnight blue all over no stickers no nuthin. If you don't know the cyclops headlight dont ask!!!
Didja see the orange bike pic I took at Indy? Samr as what you said about the green, it turns purple as you walk around it, pretty cool. Heard that paint is expensive.

Back