Chatter box

yaesu

Registered
What is a good chatter box to use.
I am thinking of getting some so I can know what the girlfriend is saying instead of trying to figure out by her pointing at things.
smile.gif

Thanks for your input.

Do you want it to talk just with your G/F or eventually to talk Bike to Bike?

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144697633 -->

Chatterbox is relatively inexpensive for what it is, you can talk bike to bike or with a passenger via intercom. There have been several threads about this... let me look around for a minute.

If the above doesn't get you what you need, here is the link to the search I did, there are 7 pages of threads that specifically mention the Chatterbox. Hope this helps.
Errrrr.

GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY .............

GROUP BUY .............
GROUP BUY .............

GROUP BUY .............

tounge.gif

GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY ............. GROUP BUY .............

GROUP BUY .............
GROUP BUY .............

GROUP BUY .............

tounge.gif
There was one at one point, I think Jester was running it.  Let me look around for a link...

Ahh, here it is and it was Jester. This link is from last November:

I'm on the search...can't touch this!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144719611 -->

solomotoparts has them at a .org price.... email or PM him for the rate....
I got two GMRS unit with full face kits for around 450.00

Yaesu - for leading the tours, I have three actually. We have a Chatterbox X1 that my videographer uses. Trick is the battery only lasts one day, so by 6pm, his battery is dead. Plus we couldn't get the cheapy handlebar-mounted-push-to-talk to work very well, and the VOX sucks. Trick was for him to reach up with his left hand (in the straights of course) and hit the push to talk button on side of his helmet. That worked great, and we could converse all day. You can hardwire it.

I have been using the AutoCom for last two years, about $500 for that setup, my partner uses a more fancy version with all the hookups- about $700, uses normal military grade walkie-talkie (cheapy one would work), and the basic Autocom unit. All hardwired into the Hayabusa, push to talk on handlebar. Microphone is flawless on that, and me & my other tour guide can chat all day at moderate speeds. Need line of sight though to get good reception. Once we're in the twisties, or say 1/2 mile away, no worky.

I just got the StarCom1 Advance System, LINKY from CA Sport-Touring, starts at $280 (remember, you still have to buy the walkie-talky) whole sheebang, Handlebar mounted push-to-talk, cell phone hookup (I haven't told my wife about that
argue.gif
), CD (iPod) hookup, hardwired into bike, hard mounted inside the tail and all wired through the busa.

I have ridden with guys that had the Baehr system (BMW dealer is pushing that one), we're talking pretty expensive, easily get up to $1000 with all the bells & whistles.

Nice thing about the Chatterbox is it's good entry level system and has the transmitter built in. I spent almost $400 for Chatterbox X1 with all the hookups. All these systems are using the same signal and are compatible to talk.

StarCom.jpg

Well, I have the X-1 chatterbox, it is wired to my battery will last all day and all week, the push to talk I have mounted on my clutch lever it works great there, don't have to move my hand at all, the vox doesn't work since it needs to change as the noise around you does. The actual unit I have mounted on the stem mount or my tank bag, not on the helmet, didn't like that. Everything cost me under $300.

+3
GMRS-X1 Chatterbox... Works flawless for me! But, others I ride with did have the same problem as mentioned above (VOX problem). If your helmets chin piece is closer to your mouth you'll have better results than if it doesn't... heard plenty of good things about all the other systems mentioned. Really comes down to personal preference and amount of $$ you want to spend...

2nd ITEM NEEDED w/CHATTERBOX:

NOJ quiet ryder nylon cover that goes over the bottom opening of the helmet. "V" shaped so you can still get your head in there. Keeps all the wind noise out, nicer ride, not hot, and makes the chatterbox 100% better for hearing and talking.

my .02 cents

JD

2nd ITEM NEEDED w/CHATTERBOX:

NOJ quiet ryder nylon cover that goes over the bottom opening of the helmet.  "V" shaped so you can still get your head in there.  Keeps all the wind noise out, nicer ride, not hot, and makes the chatterbox 100% better for hearing and talking.

my .02 cents

JD
Comes with most good helmets, totally works!

Back