Chatter Box locations?

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I have had the Chatter Box on the side of my helmet now for a year, just purchased the cord to relocate off of the helmet and to some where else. I tired the tail section but getting some extra noise, tried the tank bag, but would rather have it already locked-up or out of the way.

For you that are using them where are they located?

I was looking for the pic. Saw one on a tripple tree. Wast too hatefull. Which model (BIKE TO BIKE?) Thats a little funny looking no matter where you put it. Another spot is on the left side of the tail section where you can stick your hand in to grab the hold rail. You can make a small mount (plety of room). Route the extension cord up thru the front of the driver seat to plug into. you can reach back and turn it on/off. Not to bad.

Strap it to the air tube so you can "reach" under the lip of the inner dash panel and turn it on/off and adjust the sq

JD

After trying more locations out and spending some time on the phone with Chatter Box I found out the antenna needs to be in clear and open space. I found a place on the back side of the hump to mount it, in a way that the antenna sticks outside the bike and it get a clear signal. I will post photo's soon of the location, but I have easy access to it even while riding, it's close to the battery, the only bad thing is it's not a lockable location so I must remove it when not on the bike.

For all you using the box the push to talk button is the best way to use them if you have not tried it you really need too.

For you thinking about getting one, it was the best investment made other than protective gear. When on a group ride you can talk to each other about stops, road conditions ahead, passing a vehicle on twist roads, if someone falls back you can check in and make sure they are okay too. I have the X-1 and it's good to about 4 to 5 miles like they say depends a lot on the terrain.
Plug in a radio and you can have music and news too.

Don't leave home without mine.......
smile.gif

i got mine a while back and it comes in very handy. Use it to play my ipod and talk to the homies on other bikes.

Okay here is the new home for the Chatter Box. Required a little mod to the hump but works good.

DSC00510.JPG

Back