Charity ride 190 bikes. One Busa

Fat Ninja

Registered
I did a charity ride yesterday. Put 141 miles on! Here are some pics.
20210801_103136.jpg
20210801_102939.jpg
20210801_120924.jpg
20210801_121109.jpg
20210801_103000.jpg

Judging by the armored bandana on the picture taker, I suppose helmets are optional where you are?

Our own @Mythos has a new appreciation for wearing full gear....it's always better to be prepared and protected and not have to use it than otherwise...
Yes indeed! I will try not to harp on it but there's so few cruiser riders here wearing helmets of any kind it blows my mind! I was just talking to one and I showed him my hands and knees but I'm sure glad I didn't have anything f-ed up to show him about my head! Full face helmet, not open, not half shell, not even modular if you can possibly help it. My chin guard saved my life. Other than that, if you're not geared up head to toe, go slow. That will usually help you avoid avoid an accident and probably you'll have less severe roadrash...but weird things happen, especially on a bike. Pretty sure I took a deer to the chest. I got knocked out from that or the crash. That saved me the pain of sliding but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have woke up without that full face helmet. Full leathers for me from now on and a good full faced helmet again.

Yes indeed! I will try not to harp on it but there's so few cruiser riders here wearing helmets of any kind it blows my mind! I was just talking to one and I showed him my hands and knees but I'm sure glad I didn't have anything f-ed up to show him about my head! Full face helmet, not open, not half shell, not even modular if you can possibly help it. My chin guard saved my life. Other than that, if you're not geared up head to toe, go slow. That will usually help you avoid avoid an accident and probably you'll have less severe roadrash...but weird things happen, especially on a bike. Pretty sure I took a deer to the chest. I got knocked out from that or the crash. That saved me the pain of sliding but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have woke up without that full face helmet. Full leathers for me from now on and a good full faced helmet again.
I used to tell my students the next time they are out riding their bicycles, look down at the pavement and see how fast it is going by, now triple or quadruple that and imagine sliding on it without proper gear....

I used to take a lot of squids out because where I live I'm 10 minutes from some of the best roads in the area. I used to take an apple with me so I could show them what happens when you rub a soft thing on a rough road surface. Some got the point but to others, they just couldn't give up the "freedom" for safety.

Back