Charity ride // 20dec08 // pix #1

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, everyone...the ride yesterday was a complete success.

We had near 50 bikes participate in the Fun Bike Center Charity Ride which provided toys for the Burn Institute's adolescent patients.

There were bikes of every flavor...Gold Wings, Spyders, Cruisers, and Sport Bikes...alas, only two 'busas. Me and Lamb.

My friends came out en force to aide in the event all of us monitoring with our Chatterboxes. SoS (a.k.a. Wharthog3) acted as sweeper for the day, and did a fantastic job. JimmySD was there, as well, and everyone rode in a respectful, mature fashion.

No tickets, no get-offs, and lots of great laughs and camaraderie.

Here are a handful of pix. I'm waiting on the media to send me theirs, but don't know when to expect them. Not wanting too much time to go by, I'm launching the ones I got from Jacob (R1) and, once it's finished uploading, I have a video of all of us at the last stop before returning to Fun Bike Center for the barbeque.

Special thanks to Pardini for making a cash donation to "Camp Beyond the Scars" (yes, it's really called that.).

Great day!

In the final pic, that's me with the two most helpful FBC employees. Kim (on the left, also in the video), and Krystal (on the right).

Thanks all, for your good words.

:beerchug:

Scar

CIMG0755.JPG

CIMG0754.JPG

CIMG0756.JPG

CIMG0757.JPG

CIMG0758.JPG

CIMG0759.JPG

CIMG0760.JPG

CIMG0761.JPG

CIMG0770.JPG

CIMG0771.JPG

...and the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be nice to be able to ride

1 °F / -17 °C
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: -24 °F / -31 °C
:banghead:

Awesome.

See that Okla. Boys.

:poke: Get ready, Next spring we all need to get together... :poke:

Word up!

How was the speech?

Succinct, well received. Thanks for asking! It's a major shot in the arm to have the crowd filled with people you know so that if anyone gets out of line, they can take out the offender without much interruption. :laugh:

The GM from Fun Bike said a few words and handed it over to me. The crowd was amazingly tuned in to what was going on, and didn't need a big lecture or anything before we hit the road.

Very nice pictures Scar, thank you for sharing! It looks like the ride was a success!

Very nice pictures Scar, thank you for sharing! It looks like the ride was a success!

Thanks, James...I'd be honored to be asked again next year. I can't wait to see how the gift delivery to the kids goes...

Back