Changing out swingarm....

yeti

Registered
I got a new swingarm and am going to be changing out the stock one for this as soon as I get my new chain. My question is: What is the best/easiest way to do this? I don't have a lift but I do have a cherry picker.

Yep but I got a hard stand! To remove the arm is so easy! breake all fasteners loose B 4 you do anything! Your primary sprocket nut 32mm or 1.25", the swing arm shaft nut 36mm on left side, then just unscrew the R-side with 15/16 allen head. Susp links and slide it out. If you don't have a hard stand I'd use the mounts to lift it! Floor jack etc with support up top. I just did mine and its so easy its funny!
beerchug.gif

Bash_08_007.jpg

U will have to have a tool to snug the castilated swing arm shaft nut when your done on the R-side when your all done! It just locks the shaft. I made mine.
thumb_up.gif

U will have to have a tool to snug the castilated swing arm shaft nut when your done on the R-side when your all done! It just locks the shaft. I made mine.
thumb_up.gif

The mounts to the hard stand. Just to lift the rear. Do you have a good fork or front stand?

Hard stand, Center stand, they used to mount to the aluminum tabs they attach the belly fairing on now!
thumb_up.gif

250_installed_4_28_08_016.jpg

Back