Changing low beam bulb (pics)

ky busa

Registered
Had to take the nose off the Busa. I could'nt get my hand up into it,even with the panel under the nose removed. Is there an easier way to change the low beam bulb? Here are some pics of what I had to go through. But on the good side, it lasted 6 years and 50,000 miles! :thumbsup:

100_1483.jpg

100_1480...jpg

501.jpg

502.jpg

lol, I just did my bulb 2 days ago in the dark no tools, it took 5 mins. How big are your hands man! I'm 6'5" 255lbs and my hand fit up there no problem.

next time take of the boxing gloves first!

:rofl:

and my bikes lowered so I had less room.

I looked at the exploded diagram on my PDF manual so I knew how the parts worked. Then did it bare handed with no tools in about 5 minutes. Not exactly easy , but doable.

yeah its not easy to get up there but if you take a minute and feel around you can get it.

Wow, you sure did it the hard way, alright. Next time just undo the gauge cluster, pull it out of the way, and there's your access point.

I too removed the cluster and went in through there I have really big hands and fingers and couldn't get in there from underneath :laugh: Keep in your thoughts ladies :poke: :laugh: :hide:

Its takes like 5 minutes on my 05.I even did my HID swap without taking the nose off and that took like 30 minutes.You take that little cover off below the headlight that has 5-6 pushpin rivets holding it on an then reach up to get the rubber cover off the bulb and snap the metal retainer off.

Also remember to remove the adapter from the back of the light bulb. I took out the bulb, placed it to the side. Put in the new bulb and then was frustrated thinking someone had rigged the light bulb in. I could not get the low beam bulb to seat solidly with the spring!!!

Reviewed the repair manual and wala! Saw that I was missing the adapter that plugs onto the low beam bulb. This then stocks out enough for the spring to hold it solidly in place and for the rubber seal to go over the adapter. Then it was easy plug into the socket...... this review only took about 2 hours.... felt like a dope.... I'm sure I'll never forget it again...

Back