Challenger SRT-8

The challenger runs the same 1/4 mile times as a nissan maxima. .

dude...you need to quit reading magazines like their freakin car bibles...just cuz one guy, in one place, at one time, in ONE car-runs a slow time (and Im betting this was NOT w/an SRT8 Hemi, just a 5.7 RT model-because there isnt a Nissan in EXISTENCE that even rests on this soil that can outrun ANY SRT8-without AWD and turbochargers from the factory)

No offense to any 350/G35 owners:whistle: But I've had the pleasure *as has the wife* of displaying the 300's glorious rear end to many Nissans and other vehicles with much larger displacement motors...even a little blown Miata got to stare at the SRT8's tail as I pulled away...and away...and away:thumbsup: dont get me started on the fool who used to try to tail me 40+ miles a day on my way into IL with his Maxima-I could LITERALLY run OUT OF SIGHT of his silly Nismo, than slow down again so he could get w/in a bumper length before dissappearing on his lame @$$ again:rofl:

The SRT8 Challenger even in RT form will roast the Nizzan Maximo, the Altima SE-R, and anything else they produce w/4 doors and any dragstip-stock car to stock car, I dont car WHO's driving-unless the pilot works for a magazine that gets LOTS of advertisement $$$ from a certain Japanese auto manufacturer:whistle: then its a whole new ball game...

the SRT8 (the 300) runs dead even with our Bimmer (335XI) up to about 65, then it is adios to the Chrysler.. the Bimmer starts to walk away (probably weight difference)... have not seen a Challenger out and about in good enough weather to play.. have not seen any magazine articles about it just real world... and I get 24mpg :)

Now if I could talk Karen into the SRT wagon..

Last edited:
never really been a Mopar fan, but the new challenger does sound badazz. Sadly(for Dodge/Ford) I think the new base Camaro will put a hurtin' on the dodge R/T's and the mustang GT.

I could back a new SALEEN Dodge, and Ford into my garage and be pretty content :)

the darn thing still weighs 4300lbs??? I'll take the old ones at 3000lbs any day. When i think muscle car, Navigation-killer stereo-sound deadener-airbags-and quiet mufflers are not part of the package. I still prefer the lope of a big cam, I dont care if it gets 10 miles to the gallon, because I'm not going to drive it all the time.

Just my 2 cents

the SRT8 (the 300) runs dead even with our Bimmer (335XI) up to about 65, then it is adios to the Chrysler.. the Bimmer starts to walk away (probably weight difference)... have not seen a Challenger out and about in good enough weather to play.. have not seen any magazine articles about it just real world... and I get 24mpg :)

Now if I could talk Karen into the SRT wagon..
??????
was the 300 driver also sipping a martini while this 'race' took place??
or was this actually @ the strip???

i'd be happy to bring Amy's out to Union Grove if you're ever in WI....:whistle:
just dont see the Six (w/o tuning-is yours chipped/modded?) outgunning the 6.1 past mid-range/freeway speeds...at least, I haven't seen it yet-just haven't met the right car w/the right driver I suppose...but 400+hp makes it hard to see anything behind me for long:moon: because Im not skeered to use ALL of it:thumbsup:

dude...you need to quit reading magazines like their freakin car bibles...just cuz one guy, in one place, at one time, in ONE car-runs a slow time (and Im betting this was NOT w/an SRT8 Hemi, just a 5.7 RT model-because there isnt a Nissan in EXISTENCE that even rests on this soil that can outrun ANY SRT8-without AWD and turbochargers from the factory)

No offense to any 350/G35 owners:whistle: But I've had the pleasure *as has the wife* of displaying the 300's glorious rear end to many Nissans and other vehicles with much larger displacement motors...even a little blown Miata got to stare at the SRT8's tail as I pulled away...and away...and away:thumbsup: dont get me started on the fool who used to try to tail me 40+ miles a day on my way into IL with his Maxima-I could LITERALLY run OUT OF SIGHT of his silly Nismo, than slow down again so he could get w/in a bumper length before dissappearing on his lame @$$ again:rofl:

The SRT8 Challenger even in RT form will roast the Nizzan Maximo, the Altima SE-R, and anything else they produce w/4 doors and any dragstip-stock car to stock car, I dont car WHO's driving-unless the pilot works for a magazine that gets LOTS of advertisement $$$ from a certain Japanese auto manufacturer:whistle: then its a whole new ball game...

There again, I'm not bashing the car, I like them and think there cool. I read everything and don't worship them like bibles in your words, but maybe you should do your own research before popping off to me. the car is to heavy. it also was a srt8 and the maxima will post a 13.3 in the 1/4 just like a 6.1 hemi challenger will. but I'm not trying to argue when I done my fair share of reading, now go do your own. have a good day. oh by the way, I'm not a ricer either so I could care less about a maxima.
long live the almighty ls1's
HPIM2300.jpg

The Challenger and the 300 are built on the same platform, aren't they? Or did the Challenger get it's own? Anyway, we had a Dodge Magnum R/T for a couple years and raced it a few times. Nice car, but too heavy to be fast. Most of the times on teh Dodge forums we were on the 300 SRT8s were running low 13's stock. Not shabby at all for a pretty heavy car.

standard.jpg

Oh, and speaking of LS-1s, this is what I was driving when the wife was running the Magnum. :)
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
No that's not to shabby for a 4000lb+ car. my wife wants a new charger srt8, and more than likely we will get one, I just need to get rid of a car first. They are nice family cars that will haul rear.

??????

i'd be happy to bring Amy's out to Union Grove if you're ever in WI....:whistle:
just dont see the Six (w/o tuning-is yours chipped/modded?) outgunning the 6.1 past mid-range/freeway speeds...at least, I haven't seen it yet-just haven't met the right car w/the right driver I suppose...but 400+hp makes it hard to see anything behind me for long:moon: because Im not skeered to use ALL of it:thumbsup:
no chips no mods but lots of technology 0-60 times are about 4.8 seconds .. IF I chip the car, it picks up another 125hp.. here is a vid on the 2007, not sure how much difference between the 07 and the 08 but this car is a dream to drive.. I do know the 08 has a 6 speed auto and the price went way up with all the options.. :gag:

Last edited by a moderator:
??????

I can testify to the really out of proportion mid-high end on the N54 motor Bro. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it really does pull like a car with twice the motor from 80mph+

Remember, as you mention before, the N54s are putting 300 or so TO THE TIRES on various dyno's in bone stock condition. 430HP from the same motor at the rear tires is only $1500 or so away.

So there is something to be said, and that silly inline twin turbo is an overachiever.

I stomped a mudhole in a buddies Modular 4.6 mustang a few months ago. Full exhaust, chipped, and intake on the mustang. I assumed I would be trounced having been in his car several times, it felt faster than mine as a passenger.

From the dig he had a hood on me, but by the time we're at about 50 mph or so on the highway I had him on my rear bumper, and was steadily pulling away. Three times same result.

Squared off with a Charger R/T on the interstate and from about a 55MPH Roll, I just walk away over and over. In Canada about a year ago ran with a Newer Vette, and he couldn't pull away from about 50-140MPH. He looked unhappy as well.

Squared off with a GSXR1000 this past summer... :whistle::whistle: Still not completely sure I moved when the light turned green.

It's all pointless though Bro... Just doesn't matter cause we have Busa's in the Garage, and they will stomp the ever loving outta anything with 4 wheels we are ever likely to find. :thumbsup:

I can testify to the really out of proportion mid-high end on the N54 motor Bro. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it really does pull like a car with twice the motor from 80mph+

Remember, as you mention before, the N54s are putting 300 or so TO THE TIRES on various dyno's in bone stock condition. 430HP from the same motor at the rear tires is only $1500 or so away.

So there is something to be said, and that silly inline twin turbo is an overachiever.

I stomped a mudhole in a buddies Modular 4.6 mustang a few months ago. Full exhaust, chipped, and intake on the mustang. I assumed I would be trounced having been in his car several times, it felt faster than mine as a passenger.

From the dig he had a hood on me, but by the time we're at about 50 mph or so on the highway I had him on my rear bumper, and was steadily pulling away. Three times same result.

Squared off with a Charger R/T on the interstate and from about a 55MPH Roll, I just walk away over and over. In Canada about a year ago ran with a Newer Vette, and he couldn't pull away from about 50-140MPH. He looked unhappy as well.

Squared off with a GSXR1000 this past summer... :whistle::whistle: Still not completely sure I moved when the light turned green.

It's all pointless though Bro... Just doesn't matter cause we have Busa's in the Garage, and they will stomp the ever loving outta anything with 4 wheels we are ever likely to find. :thumbsup:
aww yea, the White 335 :) Hey I have been thinking about the "chip" any caveats to the thing? guessing this is a piggy back ECU? more data please..

you got a better quote than my wife did...try getting 17k FOR your car:banghead: then buy the Challenger-yeah w/o even gettin free vaseline?? forget that mess:moon:

they said they were giving me about 26k for my car which they said was unheard of and they were paying me way too much my car is 2 years old with 4400 miles and the challenger had 1255 miles on it the owner of the dealership was driving it

also I took mine to the track only one time 2 runs bone stock when i first got it .Was my first 2 runs ever in anything 1st was 13.8 2nd was 13.3 and registration says it weighs over 4200 lbs just some straight srt-8 facts
also have a bubby with a gsm supercharger on an srt-8 and runs mid 11s
also a charger

aww yea, the White 335 :) Hey I have been thinking about the "chip" any caveats to the thing? guessing this is a piggy back ECU? more data please..

Best bet is to avoid "vishnu" and all the other Backyard self taught tuners. Dinan has a "reflash" Yup a simple $2000 re flash that is an instant 420 or so HP and is backed by Dinan.

No caveats, accept for the tickets you're going to get. :thumbsup:

Folks are pretty certain that BMW has purposely under reported the N54s output and down tuned it a little because the motors output wound up being too similar to their own upcoming V8 M3.

Just a thought.

I want an M3.... 4 liters, 8500 Rpm.... :please:

NEW vs OLD
pontiac-gto-wallpapers-4.jpg

What they could have done:

12237d1197208257-09-gto-concept-gto.jpg

and what my 70 looked like... (I liked my 68 400 4Bbl Firechicken better but this car was fun)
70yeljd.jpg

I still want the new Challenger.... :drool:

I understand where your coming from and i have to agree with the fact that it looks nothing like the original gto, but if you don't know the gto is actually a badge engineered holden v8. (Aussie pride)

but who wants to see the new one anyway.
coupe60.jpg

(resemblance much)

Back