Challenger SRT-8

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
I wanted to share some pics of my cousin's new car he picked up on Saturday @ a dealership in Omaha , Nebraska. I got a chance to drive it and all I can say is this car flat out Moves!!!! It is a 2009 SRT-8 with a Automatic & 6.1 Liter Hemi. Probably one of the nicest cars made today. :thumbsup:

ef6a_4.jpg

ef62_4.jpg

ef63_4.jpg

ef64_4.jpg

ef65_4.jpg

ef66_4.jpg

ef68_4.jpg

ef69_4.jpg

arrrghh!!!! I love what they did with this car.. they SO stayed true to the original!! One of the best looking cars built today IMO.. Tell him congrats!!

:thumbsup: every time I think it would be nice to own a car like it, they raise prices to the point where the pain is too great for me to bare. Then there is the thought of $4 gas prices returning.

:thumbsup: every time I think it would be nice to own a car like it, they raise prices to the point where the pain is too great for me to bare. Then there is the thought of $4 gas prices returning.
I drive 3 miles to work.. gas could go to $8 a gallon the car would be $13G... I would be way ahead :) (and I would own it)

Man, what a beauty--and a beast! Thanks for the great pics :beerchug: (I owned a '71 R/T 340, and my old neighbor had a '70 T/A 340. Those were the days ....)

if you :drool: over the stocker... how about this 570HP (also comes with 700HP!)

Saleen Edition I think i wet my pants...

Last edited:
like to see how those compare to the new gto's.
a few ot those around here have been modded with headers and...?

GTO is a morphed failure of the "new" muscle car... suppose it works for GenX guys but anyone around in the 60/70's will look at the GTO like it is an alien intruder.. not a thing about the car is old school Goat... may as well buy a Chevy Tahoe SS SUV 4 door and run 10's in the quarter mile with it..

GTO is a morphed failure of the "new" muscle car... suppose it works for GenX guys but anyone around in the 60/70's will look at the GTO like it is an alien intruder.. not a thing about the car is old school Goat... may as well buy a Chevy Tahoe SS SUV 4 door and run 10's in the quarter mile with it..

how can a small car with a v8 be a bad thing?
it worked for the a/c cobra and vette

how can a small car with a v8 be a bad thing?
it worked for the a/c cobra and vette
I think it is more about "staying true" to the original.. if you are going to hijack the "Goat" moniker... I think you owe it to the consumer to keep the car true to the name as well.. Nothing wrong with the car but it could have been called anything and run the same.. They stole the "Goat" name and put it on some turd shaped bullet..

NEW vs OLD
pontiac-gto-wallpapers-4.jpg

What they could have done:

12237d1197208257-09-gto-concept-gto.jpg

and what my 70 looked like... (I liked my 68 400 4Bbl Firechicken better but this car was fun)
70yeljd.jpg

I still want the new Challenger.... :drool:

Last edited:
All nice cars. I love the new Challenger, looks very retro. You can see the old Challenger in it, not true of the GTO but still a nice ride.

I had a 93 Camaro Z28 with the LT1 and a 6 speed, that thing halled a$$ but Im sure it's not even close to the Challenger.

Sad thing about all of this is that he traded a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 plus cash. The Srt-8 Cherokee also hauled A** !!! :thumbsup:

526e_3.jpg

Back