Challenger SRT-8

Sad thing about all of this is that he traded a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 plus cash. The Srt-8 Cherokee also hauled A** !!! :thumbsup:

dude...he knows he just bought a slower ride, right??

That Jeep will chop at least .4tenths off the 1/4mile -I know a few cats in IL that run solid 11s w/little work done-my wife's 300SRT does hi-12's low 13s, a few tick slower than tha Challenger but she wanted to have the most pimpin-est ride possible....and she can fit more shopping bags in her 4-door!:banghead:

Josh Grad-Amy New Car 083.jpg

the dealer wanted to make me pay $17k plus my car for an 09 srt 8 challenger im keeping my charger

you got a better quote than my wife did...try getting 17k FOR your car:banghead: then buy the Challenger-yeah w/o even gettin free vaseline?? forget that mess:moon:

I love how they incorporated the old stying into a new package. Bad AZZ!

The new Challenger is way nicer than what Pontiac did with the GTO!! The Challenger actually performs while the GTO just looks and sounds nice. I like all the retro cars and would prefer having a Saleen Mustang and the new Corvette (I think the ZR1 is coming back this year). Right now I'm just going to concentrate on getting a Busa and doing some work on my '91 Mustang GT. :thumbsup: I need Jay Leno money to get all the rides on my wish list.

Nice car! Does the gas guzzler tax go with the Challenger in every state? I know here in Iowa there is an like extra $2500 in tax just because of the gas mileage, I assume that is everywhere?

dude...he knows he just bought a slower ride, right??

That Jeep will chop at least .4tenths off the 1/4mile -I know a few cats in IL that run solid 11s w/little work done-my wife's 300SRT does hi-12's low 13s, a few tick slower than tha Challenger but she wanted to have the most pimpin-est ride possible....and she can fit more shopping bags in her 4-door!:banghead:

Your making me drool! I just got a 300 but I pussed out with the 6 banger. Still a great riding car.

If I wasn't such a fan of the Mustangs, the new Challenger would be tops on the list... love the SALEENs...................... :cheerleader: :bowdown:

(this one matches the K8)

orange%20saleen%2005.jpg

:rofl: here is the SS RS Cadillac Escalade..... :laugh:

you know the saying, "They dont make them like they used too" is SO TRUE... the cars today are 100X better than the cars of the 60/70's.. My garage lived on carbs/tuneups and brakes.. A car was coming in at least once a year for basic tuneup work.. Today? a car can live its entire life on 1 set of sparkplugs and 4 or 5 oil changes.. (if not abused to death).

The power to CU ratio is amazing now! 425HP BBC at 427CID was a monster.. the car weighed more, stopped longer and sucked gas like no tomorrow.. Now you get 500HP out of a smaller motor and get double digit mileage to boot... I love it... but if you are going to build a "goat" or any other classic? stay true to the original :) SS v6 Tahoe indeed... :rofl:

(I do know of a 4 door tahoe that runs low 10's in street trim out of indy)

You will like this Randy. Check out number two (2). :thumbsup:

The Most Impressive Cars (and Truck) Motor Trend Tested in 2008 | Automotive News Blog - Wide Open Throttle

Yeah, already thinking on this one. Those Magura's might be yours yet.

I'm just sayin. :whistle:

r8

TRD_superchargedengine.jpg

TRD_superchargedengine02.jpg

Last edited:
The new Challenger is way nicer than what Pontiac did with the GTO!! The Challenger actually performs while the GTO just looks and sounds nice. I like all the retro cars and would prefer having a Saleen Mustang and the new Corvette (I think the ZR1 is coming back this year). Right now I'm just going to concentrate on getting a Busa and doing some work on my '91 Mustang GT. :thumbsup: I need Jay Leno money to get all the rides on my wish list.

are you saying the gto don't perform??? I think it's the other way around. The challenger runs the same 1/4 mile times as a nissan maxima. they are nice cars, but just to heavy. no offense intended, but for that kind of money they should be more than they are. for 39k. a c6 vette will prison ??? well you get the point.

Ninja Killer-once your cuz' has that ride broken in, ask him to do some top-speed runs if he has time/area to do them; curious to see if top speed on these things really is over 165mph, as I saw a test on SPEED where they hit 170+:thumbsup:

tell your cousin (if he hasnt already) to join up w/ SRT8 Forums and Owners Club - 300C - Charger - Magnum - Cherokee and www.HHPracing.com; best sites for 6.1 goodies out there IMO-just be prepared for lotsa chest-thumping and bench racing...kinda like here:poke:

:whistle:

Oh, I love those...wouldn't mind having one myself...LOVE the red brake calipers!!

I want an orange one, with black stripes...just in case anyone's out there looking for something to get me for my birthday... :whistle: :cheerleader:

For the price... I would be kicking myself after the new wore off.
They look cool but I wouldn't buy one. JMO:thumbsup:

I am not sure the "new" ever wears off a hemi challenger... the 70 still gives me goosebumps :)

Foose-70-Challenger-SA-1280x960.jpg

dunno about those rims, but that car is HAWT!:bowdown::bowdown:
Amy loves these things to death, but seein as she already has a Chevelle AND the 300 I told her she has to pick...unfortunately she likes to shop ALOT *and none of our friends are midgets* so 2dr coupe just wont cut it.

Love to see one of those Challengers @ a track like Road America or Mid Ohio flat-out on the straights-gotta sound MEAN!:thumbsup:

Back