Challenger SRT-8

Fawkin' sick ride! :thumbsup: If I can afford it, there will be a challenger in my garage. *groans* Dont we all wish money actually grow on trees?

If the US car manufacturers are going to make a comeback, they will need to make quality high mileage cars under $20k. The working class has to want them and be able to afford them.
The Volt estimated price is 40k. I don't see it saving GM at that price.
30,40,50k for a car ?

Sorry got off the subject, The Challenger is a car many want, just has to be affordable.

Last edited:
SWEET ride.:thumbsup: There is NO substitute for horse power! I'm so glad to see that the "muscle' cars are coming back. I hope GM stays in business long enough to launch the new Camero!:bowdown:

I hope GM stays in business long enough to launch the new Camero!:bowdown:

Same here..The Camaro should be more affordable than the challenger :thumbsup:

chevrolet-camaro.jpg

I think it is more about "staying true" to the original.. if you are going to hijack the "Goat" moniker... I think you owe it to the consumer to keep the car true to the name as well.. Nothing wrong with the car but it could have been called anything and run the same.. They stole the "Goat" name and put it on some turd shaped bullet..
you must be REALLY pissed about them putting SS on everything from front wheel drive 6cyls to trucks:rofl:

you must be REALLY pissed about them putting SS on everything from front wheel drive 6cyls to trucks:rofl:
:rofl: here is the SS RS Cadillac Escalade..... :laugh:

you know the saying, "They dont make them like they used too" is SO TRUE... the cars today are 100X better than the cars of the 60/70's.. My garage lived on carbs/tuneups and brakes.. A car was coming in at least once a year for basic tuneup work.. Today? a car can live its entire life on 1 set of sparkplugs and 4 or 5 oil changes.. (if not abused to death).

The power to CU ratio is amazing now! 425HP BBC at 427CID was a monster.. the car weighed more, stopped longer and sucked gas like no tomorrow.. Now you get 500HP out of a smaller motor and get double digit mileage to boot... I love it... but if you are going to build a "goat" or any other classic? stay true to the original :) SS v6 Tahoe indeed... :rofl:

(I do know of a 4 door tahoe that runs low 10's in street trim out of indy)

Talk him into taking you with him the SRT Driving School. I hear its a blast and it comes free with the car.

Sounds like a pretty good trade...

The Challenger is likely to be a modern classic, the Cherokee.... Not so much.

Love the Challenger, just a fantastic looking car. :thumbsup:

What really gets to me is how perfectly the Challenger/Camaro captures the Teenager in me, totally takes me back to the Hot Rod I had as a kid and the Hot Rod I wish I had. I don't have to salivate and "wish" I had a Hemi-Challenger I can go get one... :thumbsup:

LOVE the look.Don't love the stability of the company that makes it.Which is why I went with an RX8.

That Bimmer ain't shabby bro :whistle:

Oh I'm not complaining, and I love the sounds of the twin turbo inline 6... But it doesn't speak to the little kid in me the way a big V8 does.

Though how zee Germans make a 300hp coupe go 0-60 in the same amount of time as 425 hp I'll never know.

Nor do I care though, I really really like the Challenger, and the prices are hard to beat. Same with the Camaro though and it's actually where I'll start. It's supposed to weigh less and have a much better suspension tune than the Challenger.

Besides both of the new Muscle cars just look.... awesome. :thumbsup:

LOVE the look.Don't love the stability of the company that makes it.Which is why I went with an RX8.

I had an RX-8 before the BMW and just loved it. Excellent seating position, fun motor, and great handling... It was just a little too small with the sunroof, I had no headroom...

Loved the angry Chainsaw soundtrack.

the dealer wanted to make me pay $17k plus my car for an 09 srt 8 challenger im keeping my charger

Same here..The Camaro should be more affordable than the challenger :thumbsup:

The camaro was supposed to be coming out this month, but unfortunately it got pushed back to be a 2010 year model, coming out as a late release in Oct. Well, probably Nov. cause you can start ordering in Oct. Oh, and the price is going to be in the 40's. Haven't looked at the price on the challenger.

Back