chains brakes..

RHead

Registered
Hi what chains are you using with turbobikes? We have tested did 530ZVM. 750km and turbobusa brakes it..

what exactly broke...the actual chain or the masterlink?? From what I have heard the did 530ZVM is the best chain out there.  Don't get an RK chain mine broke on a stock bike with 120 miles on it.  But foul play from the dealership is suspected.

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115803488 -->

How did you put it on...I only ask because I heard a guy at the track this past week trying to tell me that he just hit it with a hammer, but then again he was riding a kawi. Did you use the tool and how confident were you with how it was gonna hold. Also you say turbo...exactly how much power. Because if you have like 450 hp. I don't think it is really gonna matter

Chains were put correctly.. They were second chains at 1 month.. Bike has only 269hp/250nm torque.. Were are now looking better chains to test.

<!--EDIT|RHead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115804059 -->

if the masterlink broke, it was not put on correctly.

They are very easy to install incorrectly. I'd say about 80% of the masterlinks I see are installed incorrectly.

I am running a no name cheap 530 chain, no problems whatsoever. I've never broken a chain, for that matter. Tensil strength is kinda a joke IMO. my "cheap" chain has a LOW rating of 8500, for humor factor, I once calculated what that absolute most psi I could ever see at the chain. I came up with 1200, and that was a) assuming I geared my bike way down, b) ran way higher boost than I normally do and c) could actually use full throttle in first gear.

Sounds like you didn't give the chain time to stretch either...

I am running a Ek Zvx and have had no problems with it and I now a few people running them and Motorhead is running big HP on those chains as well.

EK530...With rivet master link...
Yep. You can go with EK DVR also which is the highest test available. Put on correct with the right amount of tension a EK zvx, top line DID will be fine. make sure your sprockets are good and you do not have to much slop in the chain.

I am pushing 200lbs of torque on my zvx and it looks great.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116334085 -->

chain.jpg

Here is what bike does to racing chain..

Chains were put correctly.. They were second chains at 1 month.. Bike has only 269hp/250nm torque.. Were are now looking better chains to test.
Master link or rivit link??

I use EK zvx on my 320hp turbo, with a titanium rear sprocket and a Molly front.

i went to the track today to get my final run for the year and. i heated up my new shinko ultra i lauached the bike . and my fairly new ek530zzz i bought from motorhead breaks and busted my cases and rapped around rear sprocket locked up the rear wheel and i slide down the track side ways, bent my sprocket ruined my cush drive and really scared my swingarm. the chain did not break at the master link its still on the chain. the chain had about 8 passes on it when it broke. if this chain broke what chain is there left to try after i replace my engine or cases. oh well i guess the crying has to stop
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back