Tsubaki HQR 530 chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

vman1300

Never Forgotten
My stock chain was shot after about 600 miles. I replaced it with a DID 530zvm. I now have about 3600 miles and the chain is still going strong.

Its hard to beat the HQR...used it drag racing with 9-10 inch slick...no broke chains. EK also has a excellent 530 drag chain which looks to be a touch heavier than the HQR...I`ve got a 112 link HQR (new) if you need one. I orderd it by mistake ...not thinking about the larger gears I run on back...give ya a good deal if you want it...mail me at cbxchris@northstate.net

Mercy, does this bike really gobble chains in 600 - 3,000 miles? Is that typical of a big bore sport bike? If you don't wack it, how long would a chain typically last? Sprockets?
I've been a cruiser/shaft drive kind of guy for years and I'm out of it. Looking hard at a sport tourer and I love the Busa.
I wonder what else, other than tires, I should expect in the way of standard maintenance on this bike?

Jack

I need a new chain, so I called Schnitz and asked for a recommendation. They told me to get the Tsubaki HQR 530. I thought it seemed strange that it is not an o ring chain but they said it was the one to use with the Busa. Before I put this thing on I thought I’d ask for some opinions. I do not drag race. I ride real hard in the twistys. I do a lot of wheelies.
Is this the chain for me? Will it be a real maintenance hassle?
Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm going with the DID 530zvm and if anything happens they'll eat it. 30% reduction in friction over the oem.
I hear the same as you but I dont fear failure with the DID.

Just replaced my DID EVR2 520 chain after 3000 miles. All was well, did the sprockets at the same time.

The rear sprocket did show wear, front was still good. I did not notice any big problems with the old chain, but would rather spend $100 on a chain than replace engine cases after a chain break.

I have the Tsubaki non oring chain on my hayabusa and am very happy. Streach has been very low compared with the sotcker. Plus the drag of a NON oring chain is much less.

Put your bike on a rear stand lube the chain and psin the tire. Your lucky if you get one revolution. With a non oring you get 7 yes SEVEN revolutions.

The drawback is the chain is messy

Don
roaddog

I`ve also got a stock chain with 345 miles...no wheelies or burn outs...40 bucks to your door....I just took it off when changing rear sprockets...Bob I`m running vortex sprockets...man do they polish up good...also got a PBI sprocket ordered from Suncoast Enterprises out of Florida in gold anodized...they will get you any sprocket you want ...30 day wait.

Any body try the EK 530ZZZ model, used to eat chains on my 1100 Katana and that one survived the longest.

Don't know about the Busa, stock chain is still good on my 09 (11,000 Miles)

I have been using the same Tsubaki Sigma chain on a turbo Hayabusa in a drag racing application for two seasons now. I bought it from APE. The chain has had little if any stretch when compared to the DID, RK and EK chains I have used in the past.

Holy 11 year old thread revival... Just ordered the equivalent chain to stock. Stock RK chain seems to hold up well. Mine doesnt even need replaced (11,000miles) you but I want to change the sprocket for aesthetics so i will be changing the chain as well. I think the manual calls for around 20k to change the chain and sprockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back