chain slack with dogbone risers?

NitrousGuy

Registered
2007 Busa here.
I know the manual lists .8-1.2 inches of slack, but thats with stock dogbones.
I have shorter dogbones that raise the rear 1.5 inches. This has made my chain have more slack.

What should I shoot for in terms of chain slack with a raised rear?
I think 1.2 inches would be too tight once the rear suspension compresses under my 300lb load (lol).

Thanks
:-)

Run the same slack as stock.
The raising links made the chain looser.
I just did mine also, and had to tighten the chain when the links were installed.:beerchug:

How do they handle up in the rear? I ve been considering this mod but my chains life is about up and I figured I could not get the chain tight so I ll what till I replace it.

With an additional 1.5 inch ride height I'd be more concerned with the chain dragging over the top of the swingarm. Especially if you have dropped a tooth in the front or rear?

With an additional 1.5 inch ride height I'd be more concerned with the chain dragging over the top of the swingarm. Especially if you have dropped a tooth in the front or rear?

I'll have to double check. It may have been a 1 inch raise, and i'm currently running stock gearing/sprockets.

Casperle: It makes the bike feel more agressive. FOR ME the bike feels very balanced in corners and I have not noticed any ill effects.

Back