chain recommendations

Draven69

Registered
I need to replace the chain on my 04 busa.
anyone have any recommendations?
stock motor, lowered, with TRE

thanks

Click Buy Now & I'll get it shipped right out to you. :easy:

Make sure to look closely at the teeth on your sprockets. If they look uneven, or have a slight bent at the tips, they should be replaced.

KIT_CST513P_RST499_GB530GXW_2.png

Click Buy Now & I'll get it shipped right out to you. :easy:

Make sure to look closely at the teeth on your sprockets. If they look uneven, or have a slight bent at the tips, they should be replaced.

ONLY $270.00 for chain & sprockets...am I reading that right (Gen 1 17/40) ?

Ken, ballpark for sprockets will run you about $20-30 on the front and 70-90 on the rear. SuperSprox are not the cheapest, and more at the high end at about $90. However they will last you at least 3x longer. I've had mine going on 2+ years and I still cannot see any wear on it. Gone through a lot of sprockets in the last 200,000 miles of riding and these are amazing.

Chains vary widely and prices are all over the map. We do not recommend you skimp and go with a cheapy chain with the Hayabusa. The horsepower and torque are at the very highest of the range and we've got a couple threads floating around of members busting chains while riding.

Chains start at about $130 and easily go on up to around $270 (yes, just for the chain).

Buying as a kit (all three items) is always a better deal. Find a price range and product you are comfortable with and run with it. Like tires, oil (god help us), or windscreens, etc, every one has their favorites on the super-common items.

The above reference kit is a RK GB530GXW chain in the 112 stock length. 10,000 lb tensile strength and good up to 1400cc & $270 shipped for all three items.

Last edited:
Ken, ballpark for sprockets will run you about $20-30 on the front and 70-90 on the rear. SuperSprox are not the cheapest, and more at the high end at about $90. However they will last you at least 3x longer. I've had mine going on 2+ years and I still cannot see any wear on it. Gone through a lot of sprockets in the last 200,000 miles of riding and these are amazing.

Chains vary widely and prices are all over the map. We do not recommend you skimp and go with a cheapy chain with the Hayabusa. The horsepower and torque are at the very highest of the range and we've got a couple threads floating around of members busting chains while riding.

Chains start at about $130 and easily go on up to around $270 (yes, just for the chain).

Buying as a kit (all three items) is always a better deal. Find a price range and product you are comfortable with and run with it. Like tires, oil (god help us), or windscreens, etc, every one has their favorites on the super-common items.

The above reference kit is a RK GB530GXW chain in the 112 stock length. 10,000 lb tensile strength and good up to 1400cc & $270 shipped for all three items.

After seeing what happens when a Chain breaks I think I'll stick with the good ole "you get what you pay for". I WILL be hitting you up SOON.

That Supersprox rear sprocket is a very nice piece.

Tim, do they make one to fit a Marvic/Galespeed wheel?

Yes, Supersprox is available for the Galespeed rims.

Teeth run 40-48, gold center. $90 on the price.

Let me know if you need one.

View attachment 217313

Thanks for sharing Tim.Galespeed rims official site says only Afam sprockets are made for their rims.

I will most likely get the rear sprocket from you only as the for the whole set the shipping will kill me for their weight right?

Back