Chain issue

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I just purchased a brand new EK ZZZ from Charles at Street and Track. I got every thing installed now here is my issue and I am f'ing pissed NOT at Charles or the fellas at S&T but at the fact that I got the new chain on and riveted the Master link in place and I started adjusting the chain well the darn thing is almost at the end of the adjustment blocks WTF do any of you guys have this same issue? Now I am going to have to remove the rivet link and buy a new one so I can remove a link from the chain so it will not be at the end of the adjustment blocks. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Measure TWICE cut once...sorry Bro, but just get a new master link and do it again :thumbsup:

Thing is BA it is the Stock 112 length chain that is why I am a little pissed off it was not like I bought a longer chain and had to cut it down

Thing is BA it is the Stock 112 length chain that is why I am a little pissed off it was not like I bought a longer chain and had to cut it down

Gen1 = 112
Gen2 = 114

The master counts for two links...maybe they sent you one for a Gen2. Count the pins (links) if you got 114...they sent you the wrong length chain.

You could go with a larger REAR sprocket...I ran a 16/42 set up before. Lots of fun and it will get you back near the "new" marks on the adjusters. 16/42 will cruise about 500 rpms more than the 17/40...unless you do a lot of commuting, I recommend it :thumbsup:

You could go with a larger REAR sprocket...I ran a 16/42 set up before. Lots of fun and it will get you back near the "new" marks on the adjusters. 16/42 will cruise about 500 rpms more than the 17/40...unless you do a lot of commuting, I recommend it :thumbsup:

Yeah allot of times I am just commuting. Not sure if I want to use the 16/42 set up as it will put the odometer further off once I dial the speedo in with the healer.

Yeah allot of times I am just commuting. Not sure if I want to use the 16/42 set up as it will put the odometer further off once I dial the speedo in with the healer.
if you got a healer anyway than you can dial it in again. or buy another mstr link. id go with the 42 but thats just me:thumbsup:

well I got the issue fixed I did some digging around and found master link so I was able to go down 2 lengths and now I am dialed:thumbsup:

Back