Central CA, Bay area riders

OB_buzzlatka

Registered
Just checking to see if there are any central california riders out there and if you want to ride. I ride quite a bit in the sierras and also the coastal mountain range on my way to the bay area.

Yes! I live in Sierra foothills east of Stockton. Ride the passes in the summer and foothills and valley over winter.

Would be pleased to hook up with anyone in the area interested in riding.

I believe there's a number of busa riders in Bay Area who might want to sample some of the great roads we have here.

Busapower, watch out between Sac to Tahoe on Hwy 80 CHP hide out to catch speeders.Backside between North Shore Tahoe and Virgina City has some straights,Great Hi-speed run,Also backside from Heavenly Valley Condo's nice twisties down to Neveda valley.Look out for sand on the road this time of the year from all the snow/run off water that brings the sand down,last but not lease watch out for tourist who stop in the middle of no where "roadway' to take pictures. Ride safe

Friend of mine on a VTR1000 sucked me into going fast on one of Nevada's two lane straight-as-an-arrow roads down by Death Valley (are you there Steve). Nevada Highway Patrol in unmarked Chevy Camaro Z-28 bagged us on radar. Lucky we were sub-80MPH at the time.

Any of east-west trans Sierra two lane highways below Lake Tahoe will give you a good workout. Lots of sweepers, twisties. Go over to 395 for straights but beware of CHP with radar: forward, backwards and sideways looking--you're dead meat, detectors notwithstanding.

[This message has been edited by grandvitesse (edited 12 May 2000).]

I agree, any of the passes south of I-80 across the sierras are great. I have to work in Fallon NV at the end of May and want to hit Carson Pass on my way across (may 20). Anyone been up there lately to see the road condition?

I am down in the Central Valley and ride in the Sequia/Kings Canyon in the sierras and paso robles area on the coast. Anyone down my way? Buzzlatka@hotmail.com

Taking my Hayabusa to Streets Vibration this year and not the Harleys due to my wife and I selling the Harleys.Would hookup with Hayabusa riders at Street Vibration Sept 26 time frame.Normal stay at Circus Circus Reno. Ride safe all

Hey Guys, I will be up in North and South Tahoe for my brothers wedding June 14-19. Can you guys suggest some great twisties and if any Nevada hiways are good for going fast, ie. no speed limits, no cops, very straight. Also, any Hayabusa owners in or near Reno send me a line and maybe we can do a ride or two. I will trailer my bike up so I can do some great mid-week rides. Thanks in advance. See ya.

Thanks for all the information. I'm still hoping to hook up with someone from the Tahoe area for a couple of rides or someone from Reno for a little show and tell. Thanks again, all. See ya.

Grandvitesse,
I am riding from Hanford up to S. Tahoe this Saturday and on to Fallon NV on Sunday morning. Since you live in the heart of the Sierras I figured you would have a favorite pass to cut across, 108/4/88. Let me know if you would be interested in riding with us on Saturday and, in your opinion, which is the best route across.

Back