Carpenter 230 kit...gearing?

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help for a starting point for sprockets. I have an 05 with a carpenter 230 kit. 230 rwhp. I have a macintosh 7 over arm. Air shirt, launch limiter, and I am just finishing instead a new Hayes convertible clutch. Do u think 16f and 42r is to much gear.. Or should I go towards 17 40. And pass thru the traps in lower gear? Looking for best 1/4 mile setup to start. Thought others experience might save me time and frustration

My personal opinion is gear it as low as possible without pinning you to the ground! The quicker you can accelerate the better! At least I think that's the goal. That's a lot of hp for only 7 over. Should be a lot of fun to ride! If you get the clutch dialed in I think you can definitely experiment with different gearing. The heavier you are the more gear you need to IMO. Good luck and keep us posted when you run that beast! :bowdown::thumbsup:

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
16/54 @ 10 over for me (200~ HP) and i am at redline 6th gear at the 1/4. I am going to try 17/54 for the next weekend to bring the RPM down a bit. I also run solid with a bar.

16/54 @ 10 over for me (200~ HP) and i am at redline 6th gear at the 1/4. I am going to try 17/54 for the next weekend to bring the RPM down a bit. I also run solid with a bar.
Every time I read your gearing I chuckle!!! Love it! I'll be trying out my 16 and 48 next weekend! Can't wait.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maroonbusa