Carpenter 1330 & 1360 Kits for Busa

Frank Adams

Registered
Bob Carpenter is advertising 200+ RwHp for $4,900.

180+ RwHp for $3,700. Says this particular package goes 9.25 at 153.94mph

Also has some new clutch fix called "Clutch locking spring.(I'll get more info on this and post it)

CARPENTER RACE ENGINES
(865)753-1555
117a cross keys road
Berlin,NJ

****I'll post this and other Race Shops info as I run across them****

......Frank

Carpenters Clutch fix retails for $75 dollars. It comes complete with Rings, Bolts and Washers ready to bolt right in.

Bob says it has valve springs that wont bind up like the stock clutch springs do.

He calls it a "Locking Ring" and it has 375pds of spring pressure. Says it can be Shimmed for more.

Bob also says, This should hold up to 220Hp, after that you'll need a "Lock up".

I'm not trying to sell these for Bob, I'm just passing along info.

According to Bob, He's been getting alot of calls in the last two days on the new clutch fix.

....Frank

frank, do you figure this is a better buy then the schnitz mod,? i'm not good with inside the motor type **** , but i want whats best for my bikes take offs. i'm going to be using the bike for street use but i do drag every week or so with friends against their bikes.

maniac

Frank; I ordered one for one of my customers should be here by Friday hope to have it on by Sat. we go to track that afternoon.
I'll keep you posted.

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow (thursday), unfortunatly with the current Ohio weather, I wont get to test it for a while. Bob is the man though, so I have no doubt it will do what he says.
Paul

Heres what I think....

On Brock's(Schnitz mod, what ever) If it cracks or breaks,(which I doubt) He'll replace it with a NEW one, PLUS give you your money back!

(After researching, As of November 150+ clutch mod's had been sold through Schnitz. Not one of them were defective.)

As for Bob's....

I haven't worked with one first hand.

I have spoken with someone that has seen the Carpenter mod and they feel that problems could still remain causing sloppiness & chatter similar to the stock setup. I think it might be best to wait to hear what Pkboxer and the others say about thiers after they install it...

One thing I do know...

If I can buy any Aftermarket/Race products with a Guarantee like Brock's deal....I'm for sure going to go down that road!!!

....Frank

I've heard that Bob Carpenter has built 18 Busa motors.

Has anyone ever heard anything from the people that own these Bikes?

18, Thats alot!

Wonder if any of the 18 has been down a Drag strip yet? Anyone know what kind of mph they have been running?

How about suspension setups and length of thier swingarms?

I guess I'm just having a hard time figuring out why We haven't heard more about these Busa's?!?!

Frank

I sure hope they wasn't silly enough to pay 17,995 or what ever?

That bike had no internal mod's what so ever.

Just think? You can find 99's for around 8k. Now, that leaves you 10k to do the following:

1. rear slick
2. extended stock swingarm
3. rear sprocket & chain
4. wheelie bar
5. megatron carb's
6. dyna 4,000
7. nitrous(direct hit, I think?)(not progressive)
8. airshifter(?)
9. maybe a few other minor ones, but thats about it.

Sounds like a Good Business to go into!

Frank,
I got my Carpenter clutch mod, but have not had a chance to install it yet. I talked to a guy that street races his 219hp Busa that has the clutch mod and he speaks highly of it. It will probably be a couple of weeks till I get mine in, but I will let you know what I think of it as soon as I get a chance to test it out.
Paul

Is that one of the busa's that Carpenter did recently? Could or he elaborate on that project any? Is that the 1430? How is it holding up? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm sure everyone on the org wants to know.

Paul, Any updates on your new clutch mod?

Did you get it?

What did you have to do to install it?

Have You had a chance to Ripp Down on it yet?

How does it feel?

....Frank

hey bob has built i think 20 busas, i have the clutch mod and i like it also my brother
builds all the motors at bobs and they have
had no problems.mine has not bin apart yet.
only 70 mi on it

What is the problem with the clutch cause I may be having that problem and not realize it because mine feels fine with the power I got and I don't just have a filter or anything like that.

[This message has been edited by A Daddy Busa (edited 11 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by A Daddy Busa (edited 11 January 2000).]

Frank; I finally got to put in the "other" mod this week. I'll tell you what that is one thin peice of alum. behind that clutch. I'm sticking with yours.

Koodos.
The cheeseman

Back