can't get the bugger started

kod3001

Registered
Greetings from the UK ! Some great posts.

I'm the most happy owner of a 2000, unrestricted blue and silver Busa. Best bike I ever owned, until...

I went to jump on for a ride the other evening, would it start? would it 'eck! fuel injection light flashing, was it the alarm and immobiliser? yes, well, sort of. Managed to get the alarm de-activated (it's a Meta alarm), with the annoying way of watching the LEDs, turning the key, watching the LEDs again, turning the key, until finally the bike was no longer immobilised, pfffff went the fuel pump, and a click, FI no longer flashing.

Engine turns over, and then nothing but a clickety click coming I think from the Denso under the seat. Could it be a problem with the denso? or have I messed about with the alarm so long that in the process the battery has just dipped a bit too low?

Anyone else had a similar problem? Any top tips gratefully received.

Not too worry, sorted, just the battery.
idea3.gif
The sun is out, and the roads are inviting, must be going !

Congrats and welcome to the board. Glad to see you got the problem solved, enjoy your ride
biggrin.gif

Glad you got the problem solved. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride/ridin'!

Welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

Oh......make sure when you turn the key off that you don't turn it ALL the way to the left. That position leaves the tail light on so that people can see your bike when it's parked.
wink.gif

Back