candy anodize

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone here had any parts of their motorcycle done like this? Looks to me like it is anodized and then clear coated.Theres alot of different colors. I am thinking about having the center of the brake rotors done on my bike and maybe some other parts. Bronxmotorsports does them.I just wonder how well it will last. Check out their web page. Look at the Busanator bike.

I think what you are looking for is candy chrome. I'd talk to John at:
http://www.sportchrome.com
I haven't had any thing done due to being laid off, but he said he would guarantee the leavers, brake and clutch, for life. FYI - I go through 3 sets of grips a year. I can't go without gloves or I will have black hands from the aluminium and grips.

Later,

Steve

the best place i found is www.tocc.biz its actually powedercoating trasparent colors.Much more duriable than anodizing.Anodizing wil 1#rub off over time alot faster than powdercoating and 2# isnt sealed like powdercoating so any contaimants can work there way into pores.Hope that helps Brian P.S ask for steve and tell him Brian with www.alteredchrome.com sent you he's great guy. Also found local customizer whom deals with chrome parts real cheap not sure how much on wheels or frames but just got a customers gas tank quoted for $400+s/h think thats about right?

You are right Powder coating is what I had meant to say I was looking at for my bike. I have seen anodized change color after a while.

Back