?? Don't Wax FMF Anodized Cans ??

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Spent about 6 hours detailing out the Busa Yesterday. Everything was gleaming after waxing (especially the plastics & wheels) which I don't think the original owner ever did.  At this point I took off the FMF exhaust cans to remount evenly which should have been done in the first place but for some reason the previous owner was unable to accomplish, the left can was pointing outward which really looked stupid.  OK got them back on and even so why not get a good coat of wax on them just for good protection, when wax was applied the blue anodizing immediately disappeared leaving the finish a faded out light purple, WTF, I have never seen anodizing disappear or turn colors like this before & their was no blue coming off on the towel, kinda of at a loss right now as to what to do, do not like the way they look, maybe paint them or just a whole new exhaust. Anybody ever experience this or actually know what happened? A chemical reaction or something?

They will probably turn back when you heat up the canisters and burn off the wax. Might just be a light reflection thing
wink.gif

Never ever clean anodized finish when hot. For now I`d recommend using some mild soap and soft microfiber or cotton fabric to wipe it of. Take you time and they should be back to normal color.

If they been hot when wax applied......... you gonna need new can sleeves or powdercoat those.

No the cans were not hot when the wax was applied.  I was curious & hopeful that the color might just come back on it's own, only time will tell, have not been out to the shop today to check, damn migrain headache all day, if still purple tomorrow I will take photo, this is what they looked like prior to applying wax.

Busa3.jpg

Busa2.jpg

sell them to VaBusa.....wait, I thought you said they were pink. Nevermind.

Back