Cancer update - CT scan yesterday

Thanks again all!

We are both still praising God for what he has done. I know there is still a long road ahead but I know that God still has a plan for me.
Yep and we never quite know what that plan is huh?

Glad for the good news, I am sure you are on a path that not many of us will ever know.. Your faith is inspiring Kevin...

I just wanted to post up a little praise report to my Savior. We have been praying for a miracle and God has answered prayer for us.

Just a little update for those that may not know, I was DX with Stage IV colon cancer in August with 6 lesions in my liver and nodules in my lungs. Had 2 rounds of chemo then had to stop for a abdominal infection and was off chemo for 2 months.

I was able to start treatment back in January and completed 4 rounds for a total of 6. I had a CT scan yesterday to compare the size of the lesions from a scan in late December. Four have shrunk by over a third and 2 are GONE!!!!!

The nodules in my lungs are stable with no growth. If the progress continues I will be a candidate for RFA to obliterate this disease from my body.

To my FAMILY here thanks for all the calls, prayers, email and PM's. God is still on the throne and still in the healing business!

Believe,

Kevin
Yes, HE is. Only God can pick up where modern medicine leaves off. I wish you continued progress.

thumb_up.gif

Awesome, awesome, awesome. You sound like you've had such a positive attitude and great faith to get through something like this and that is very admirable.
beerchug.gif

Great news guy. I'm really glad. You now have a clear path to elimination.

I can relate but Chemo nor RFA isn't an option for me. We're looking at Chemo Embolization...(Carcinoid)

I'm thrilled you are going to beat that bastid
laugh.gif

Those are wonderful news...the Lord works in mysterious ways.

I will keep you in my prayers and in the name of God it will all be gone for good!
smile.gif

Thanks again all.

I really cant describe how I feel. Knowing my original DX was not the best and now 6 months later actually seeing a light at the end of the chemo tunnel. I know I may be on a drug called Avastin for the rest of my life, but that is better than the alternative.

I am BLESSED to still be alive and surviving...no wait THRIVING. Brenda and I just returned from a vacation in Cancun. That was impossible to fathom a few months back. We have a few more things planned in the next few months as well:

Braves game
Busa Bash
Road Atlanta trackday

God is good to allow us to continue our day to day activities. I am still working nearly full time. I can never thank HIM enough.

Gives you a greater appreciation for ea. and everyday HE gives you. We all should be living ea. day as if it's our last, cause we are not promised tomorrow. We ALL tend to unintentionaly take TOMORROW for granted! Hug your kids, kiss your wife, and tell them you love em' cause tomorrow may not come

Further on that note, we need to KNOW where we are going to spend eternity, cause we are ALL going to spend it SOMEWHERE

no appolagizes for preaching but I am sorry if it offends anyone

Kevin: very few of us can understand what that news really means.

Congratulations.

...and, keep up the good work. It's all you, bro.

Right on Kevin- beat that bastard!

Cancer needs to go away, I can't think of a single family that it has affected.

Thoughts and prayers Sir.

It was great talking to you the other day. We are praying for you!

wow cant believe i missed this before....very glad to hear your progress bro hope it continues and I get ta see you at The Bash so I can give ya a 'BigDiesel' man-hug
beerchug.gif

**i hope your ribs r in good shape**
cool.gif

Back