Can someome explain...

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Don't understand it..but new to draggin so here goes:

Took the bike to the strip 2 weeks ago turned a best on motor only of

10.134 @138 with a 1.6 60 ft 111 at the 1/8

Ran this week spraying (40 shot)...10.15 @145.42 with a 1.7 60 ft 115 at the 1/8

Bike was pulling lots harder this week and trap speeds are up 7 mph. I was only off 1/10 in the 60 so why are the times E.T. basically the same? Is the 7 mph gain offset by the 1/10 slower in the first 1/8 even though I'm 4 mph faster?
rock.gif
?

yeah I know (practice) ..but what I don't know is why is time staying relatively the same but speed is increasing.............

1/10th dropped on the bottom is usually good for 2/10ths dropped of the top so that explains why your times are relativly close,you are picking your MPH up from spraying now if you could have pulled that 1.6 on the bottom spraying you would have most likel;y seen a 9.?? pass.

1.What is your gearing?
2. Length of bike(ext.swingarm?)
3. what is your weight?
4.Are you lowered and are you as low as you can go?

These will al play a factor in your times as well.

MCYMIKE YOUR 60FTS. WILL GAIN YOU ALOT MORE THAN A 40 SHOT.

I RUN 1.52 60FT TIMES 6.18 TO 6.21 @ 115MPH 1/8TH ALL MOTOR AND WITH MY 40 SHOT I RUN 6.0'S AS MUCH AS 122MPH.. STOCK MOTOR 6 OVER ARM.

YOU CAN RUN THOSE TIMES TO WITH SEAT TIME. DON'T GIVE UP THEY'LL COME.

BTW: I WIEGH 200-205 NAKED.

You also need to consider as to whether or not you had wheel spin with the shot, track conditions and things of that nature...

They're right. Unless you are spraying off the tree, and can drop those 60's down, all it's gonna do is add mph. Get a progressive controller, and practice.

From my past car drag racing I can tell you that the launch, fist 60 feet will make more difference in your runs than you may expect. Work on consistant HARD launches and it will all come together. Find that magic RPM for launching and be consistant. When the 60 foot is at its best start looking at the 330 foot and try to improve it. The big question is "Are you having FUUUN?"

Work on your 60 foot times, a tenth gained in the 60 is about 2 tenths on the big end!

weather conditions play a big factor too... the temperature and humidity... a hot and humid night can kill your times

Definetly havin fun! Sounds like it is all in the 60 (which is basically me, not the bike).

What is a very realistic 60' time to shoot for on a relatively stock (pipe, straps, links, etc.) Busa? My best is a 1.72.

1.54 TO 1.58 IS A REALISTIC GOAL YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET TO WITH PRACTICE, AND PATIENCE TO DIAL IN YOUR SET-UP.

1.62 you are knocking on the door. What RPM do you launch at? Are you getting and wheel spin or wheelies? Are you salmming the throttle or rolling it on at launch?

It's not just the 60' that matters guys. Once you get to a certain point, you need to really be looking at the 330' time. That is where you are going to pick up on the big end esp with a 40-shot.

You need to get the clutch out faster and the throttle wide open sooner. Once your 330's come down you will really knock that ET down. You are looking for a 4.1-4.0 330' (or quicker) time to get you the best results with a setup similar to yours.

Also what do you weight? Your MPH is down without spray and should be a lot higher with spray. Are you shifting without the clutch lever? You should be low 140's on motor (stock pipe/airbox, etc.) and over 150 with the spray.
wink.gif

Good luck and practice.....practice.....practice.....

Sounds like your spray isnt working right , like your bottle is upside down or something else ?? also like they say, 60 foot.

Back