Cams or Piston kit?

BikeMasterBahrain

Registered
I have a K8 Busa and wanted to increase the power of the stock engine, I was looking at Webcams but their cams are only for engines which are modified, looked at Yoshimura's and they dont seem to have any for the K8..
I did however see some piston kits for a stock bore which increase the CR to 13.5.1 from Ape and schintzracing for around $600.

Is there cams i can install on a stock motor? If not How much does the piston kit gain me in hp's?
Ur help would be appreciated.
thanks.

If you bike is stock there is more cost effective options, and where do you want the power top end or 1/4 mile ????

Both!

No replacement for displacement! LOL

Bike will make plenty of power stock bore, just put a set of je pistons and some cams in it will make the power. I have been 8.8 @156.85 so far. You could go 1441 if you want to throw cash away, I have yet to see one that impresses me with the power it made. You can go with 395/378 or even 415/395. U can even use gen 1 cams in it if you want. Just got to get the offset pin from brocks and flip the cam bearings around. :thumbsup:

Bike will make plenty of power stock bore, just put a set of je pistons and some cams in it will make the power. I have been 8.8 @156.85 so far. You could go 1441 if you want to throw cash away, I have yet to see one that impresses me with the power it made. You can go with 395/378 or even 415/395. U can even use gen 1 cams in it if you want. Just got to get the offset pin from brocks and flip the cam bearings around. :thumbsup:

Curious to know what impresses you then with an NA motor!?!? Since the 1441 doesn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Curious to know what impresses you then with an NA motor!?!? Since the 1441 doesn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Running faster than built 1441's with my 1340 that I built in my own garage, and still having the 5-6k in my pocket....:laugh:

For each their own and I wasnt bashing ur build, just have seen quite a number of the 1441's that barely made over 200 to the rear. The last 2 made 201 and the other made 203. And no these werent happy dynos these were true readings because they matched the MPH numbers they ran.

Didn't take it as you bashing. just seeing where ur coming from. Carpenter says there 1441 kits push minimum 200, and have some that run 250. Depends what you have done, heads make all the difference, atleast that's what my research has lead me to understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

I need to go find some threads for ya, because several guys have put a brock's full system, PC, and tune and pulled 199 RWHP running 200 - 205 in the standing mile. BRB

This wasn't the thread I was looking for but it is similar :

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=135810.msg1284040#msg1284040"

just play around with sprockets first for that extra strong street feel.

On a different note, just so that there's a clear understanding to the "5 axis radius head job" statement, 5 axis describes the type of CNC machine that can be used for head work. The machine moves around for cutting on 5 axis. The CNC machine is used for porting etc but not for the radius cuts. Radius head job doesn't make any sense. You can opt. to have a radius valve job which is most commonly done with a Serdi machine. I only meant to add this information so that everyone has a clear understanding of what this means. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your replies, but i was looking to spend around $1500 on that only and the 1441cc does look impressive BUT
1- not within my budget
2- Im in the Middle east so to do that i will have to send my block to the states get it over-bored and sent back which will cost me fortune.

How do i get my ECU flashed?

I have also not seen cams for a stock motor, any links to where i can find them?

Big cams and headwork make the motor peaky at the sacrifice of useful grunt on the street. Adding displacment can tame the peakiness a bit with more usefull power on the street, but the stock motor can blow away any tire in the first 2 gears if properly tuned. More power in the lower gears is useless. Turbos can be set up to be progressive (big power in the top gears) but are big money.

For $1500, think nitrous:laugh: Big power when you want it. Stock power the rest of the time.

I need to go find some threads for ya, because several guys have put a brock's full system, PC, and tune and pulled 199 RWHP running 200 - 205 in the standing mile. BRB

HHmmm, who's that~?~ :laugh:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/119839-go-fast-have-fun-safe-but-knock-down-200-mph.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/117674-great-weekend-maxton.html

I ran 199 mph on completely stock motor and Kevin ran 202 mph on completely stock motor, then Kevin started tuning for NOS and is now shooting for the high teens~!~

Back