1441cc 08 block and pistons for exchange

Jay

Donating Member
Registered
busablock.jpe

Now in stock for immediate exchange.

2008 hayabusa cylinder blocks bored and replated to 1441cc with JE pistons.

As with our popular 1397 exchange block and piston assemblies for the earlier busas, we now have finished 08 blocks and 08 style pistons.

No need to wait while your block is done. Just send it to APE, and we will send you a finished one right back.

APE also has cam sprockets, cam chain tensioner Carrillo rods and cylinder studs on the shelf for the 08s.

661-256-7309 http://www.aperaceparts.com

busablock.jpe

As with our popular 1397 exchange block and piston assemblies for the earlier busas, we now have finished 08 blocks and 08 style pistons.

No need to wait while your block is done. Just send it to APE, and we will send you a finished one right back.

APE also has cam sprockets, cam chain tensioner Carrillo rods and cylinder studs on the shelf for the 08s.

661-256-7309   http://www.aperaceparts.com
Are these blocks interchangable with earlier models?

busablock.jpe

661-256-7309   http://www.aperaceparts.com
Are these blocks interchangable with earlier models?
Now thats what I want to know!

I can't think of a reason for someone to put an 08 block on an earlier model.....did I misunderstand the question?

Well it is easier to come across a spare block from an earlier model than an 08. Then it can be sent in for exchange. That's what I did with my swingarm when I needed a core for the extended one. Hit ebay and bought a core and traded it for the extended one. It may also may have bigger cooling jackets than the previous models and be less proned to overheating and would be a perfect alternative to a billet block. That's of course if it is interchangable!

We have early model blocks in stock with 84 mm pistons. They are 1397cc.  The 08 is larger with the same bore because of the longer stroke.

Jay

It will work but you get 1397cc, not 1441cc, due to the difference in stroke length, kapeesh?

I think the people are asking if this will bolt into there 99-07 busa to have the bigger engine.

Right, has that question not been answered? If you bolt this block to your 07 or older you will get 1 3 9 7 cc, this is due to the pistons not going up and down as far as they do in the 08 model. This difference in piston travel is referred to as STROKE. The pistons being larger diameter around is referred to as BORE. Kapeesh?

The question was simple but the answer is not. I asked will the 08 block bolt up to the earlier motors? I did not ask what cc the block would yeild. My next question would be could a earlier model block be swapped for a 08 or not?

Back