cam timing with 0.80 spacer?

tcbusa

Registered
Doing an engine rebuild and going with 0.80" spacer, can I use stock cam timing and stock sprockets? Using stock pistons and rods, hd valve springs, hd studs and retainers, maybe upgrading to carrillo rods if i can find a good price. Will be aiming for around 300hp. Do i need adjustable sprockets? Ive read on here people using adjustable sprockets when using a spacer. Is it that critical? And thanks for the advice ahead time :bowdown:

Doing an engine rebuild and going with 0.80" spacer, can I use stock cam timing and stock sprockets? Using stock pistons and rods, hd valve springs, hd studs and retainers, maybe upgrading to carrillo rods if i can find a good price. Will be aiming for around 300hp. Do i need adjustable sprockets? Ive read on here people using adjustable sprockets when using a spacer. Is it that critical? And thanks for the advice ahead time :bowdown:

Adjustable cam sprockets will give you the ability to set your lobe centers where they need to be. Keep in mind that with an .080" spacer plate, you are changing your deck height - this will throw your cam timing off. Try not to skimp on this part of your build . . .:beerchug:

there is a way but not the easiest to get the timing back to close to stock
its not for the faint at heart and id at least get an adjustable sprocket for the intake cam (you can get by with just the intake having an adjustable sprocket as ive had it this way for 4 yrs with no problems)

there is a way but not the easiest to get the timing back to close to stock
its not for the faint at heart and id at least get an adjustable sprocket for the intake cam (you can get by with just the intake having an adjustable sprocket as ive had it this way for 4 yrs with no problems)

+1 . . .:beerchug:

Back