cam chain tentioner

HP Junkie

Registered
ive only put about 350 miles on my busa since the big bore and the cam chains make a hell of a lot of noise. i might get 20 miles after an ajustment and it gets progresively worse. my mechanic is ordering a steel unit to replace the ti one , my question is , has any one had trouble with thiers and how many times does it have to be adjusted? how much of a turn? any help is appreciated.

are you sure you are not going too tight? cause if you did that you will wear out the shoes that the chain moves on. i adjusted mine once & i have over 2000 miles on it since i installed it.

i have not made any adjustments personally the shop that built my motor adjusted it twice and it still makes noise after a few miles

are they tighting the nut that holds the long screw really good so it will not back out? cause if they didn't that long bolt will back out & the chain will be loose again. let them measure how much of the bolt is sticking out after they do there adjustment & if the noise comes back, measure it again. if it changed, it means there is something wrong with that tensioner.

You aren't using the stock one?
my guess, since you mentioned adjustments,is that you have a manual tensioner in there....an' APE or something .

You asked about time frame for adjustments....

months an' months.... lots of clicks.....not 20 .

You have a prob dude....faulty tensioner, or lame tech.

With the chain sloppin' aroun' that loose all the time,keep an' eye on yer oil when ya change it. Strain it for debris. Make sure you dont have any cam-chain guide(or shoes,as they were refered to) pieces floatin' around in there .

hav a tight 1.........RSD.

are they tighting the nut that holds the long screw really good so it will not back out? cause if they didn't that long bolt will back out & the chain will be loose again. let them measure how much of the bolt is sticking out after they do there adjustment & if the noise comes back, measure it again. if it changed, it means there is something wrong with that tensioner.
i am wondering the same thing and would measure the bolt myself and check for it backing out but its so noisy now i dont want to f*ck with it, im not sure how many turns or how few to set the right tension. im going to florida for a week but im gonna get this straight as soon as i get back. can anyone give me a little more info on adjustment specs also thanks for the advice so far.

Back