Calling 'Riccoh' the dealer here in Stuart tells me NO WAY DO YOU HAVE A 2010

There are still left over busa's at my local dealer as well as 600's, 750's 1000's, SV's, Katana's, VStroms so why would Suzuki flood the market with 2010 models. It's a wise move by Suzuki and all about dollars and cents. You didn't see any GSXR1k's selling for $7K like Honda was doing just to get rid of them.

By the way, is there anything in Hawaii that is not owned by the Japanese? Could have something to do with their ties to Japan?

If anyone wants a 2010 simple go North to Canada and fetch one home. No problem getting them through customs. Change the speedo to MPH and you are good to go! :cheerleader:

Riccoh thank you I'll pass it on and see if they can use same avenue your dealer is using to get some . Again I don't see why not ?
If Hawaii a state can get them direct from Japan other states should be able to ?

Heck I might try to broker a half dozen myself and sell them back to dealers here !

Last edited:
I have bought a ton of stuff from Cycle Sports Hawaii. The reason they have 2010's is they are not part of American Suz because they opened in 1946 before Hawaii was a State. They also dont particpate in any specials that A.S. offers like special financing and other promo's... If you buy from the Hilo store ask for Niva or Al.

Me in the Honolulu shop...

Hawaii-Jan07 069b.jpg

Last edited:
Blanca, U did this all wrong! You shoulda bet your local dealer a new Busa that your buddy in Hawaii has a 2010 ! :laugh:

The 09's are better lookin anyway (especially the silver) and none of them better lookin than the 08's! Wonder when they are gonna change the trend and have better colors?

Seems like it doesnt matter as dealer in Stuart just told me Suzi USA is planning on skipping 2010 all together and releasing 2011s come July or so...???

I talked to Derek about having a 2010 Busa shipped to Tennessee. He didn't seem to think there would be any problem getting it done. My only question was about getting warranty coverage in the lower 48. He didn't know, and I never followed up on calling Suzuki about it. I need to do that... Ricco, have you checked on that?

Oh, and he did tell me that their bikes come straight from Japan (not through American Suzuki) since they're already like halfway there.

You can't get warranty coverage. You have to take the bike back to Canada if you have any major service issue since the bike won't be in the US system. If you call Suzuki NA they want you to pay $1,200 for a piece of paper stating it meets all US standards. Just check your local DMV and get the documentation done before you show up with the bike.

I'm curious what they say about the Hawaii bike since it's a US bike (though not CONUS). Wonder if it's in the US system or not...?

You can't get warranty coverage. You have to take the bike back to Canada if you have any major service issue since the bike won't be in the US system. If you call Suzuki NA they want you to pay $1,200 for a piece of paper stating it meets all US standards. Just check your local DMV and get the documentation done before you show up with the bike.

I'm curious what they say about the Hawaii bike since it's a US bike (though not CONUS). Wonder if it's in the US system or not...?

Josh see my post above yours. In about 3-4 months it wont matter cuz 2011s will be everywhere according to my dealer here in stuart.

10 yrs from now i will still have Blanca and be just as happy so it doesnt matter to me.
I was just trying to gather info for them so they could talk to their rep about them.

But like I said I bet if I brokered a dozen bikes into southeast US they would sell in a day or two ?

Josh see my post above yours. In about 3-4 months it wont matter cuz 2011s will be everywhere according to my dealer here in stuart.

10 yrs from now i will still have Blanca and be just as happy so it doesnt matter to me.
I was just trying to gather info for them so they could talk to their rep about them.

But like I said I bet if I brokered a dozen bikes into southeast US they would sell in a day or two ?

That will be nice if they do but I won't hold my breath. I just wanted to let ChattanoogBUSA know in case he decided to buy a Canadian '10 bike... :beerchug:

That will be nice if they do but I won't hold my breath. I just wanted to let ChattanoogBUSA know in case he decided to buy a Canadian '10 bike... :beerchug:
Thanks for the info. I really haven't looked into it at all except for talking witht the dealer in Honolulu. If I could find out for sure that I'd get warranty coverage, I would be willing to spend a little more to get one. It's not a huge deal to me though, just a neat idea. :beerchug:

I talked to Derek about having a 2010 Busa shipped to Tennessee. He didn't seem to think there would be any problem getting it done. My only question was about getting warranty coverage in the lower 48. He didn't know, and I never followed up on calling Suzuki about it. I need to do that... Ricco, have you checked on that?

Oh, and he did tell me that their bikes come straight from Japan (not through American Suzuki) since they're already like halfway there.

Just got back from the dealer, I was informed that as far as warranty, based on a suzuki product they have to cover it in CONUS, and lates news is that some CONUS dealers will be getting 2010's this month, not sure of specific locations.

Just got back from the dealer, I was informed that as far as warranty, based on a suzuki product they have to cover it in CONUS, and lates news is that some CONUS dealers will be getting 2010's this month, not sure of specific locations.

::11 Maybe I should just wait a little while...

there are 3 in conus after talking some more with the dealer, two of them were sold to a private collector and are not even registered or out of the crate for that matter, and one more that went to tennesee from what he told me. dealer here is very good at working out the numbers and will ship any where in the mainland for those interested...

How about that gorup buy?

PS
as of today i only have one bike left as the 07 is gone ...again... bought it new for 10.3 OTD sold it last year for 10k, bought it again this year for 7k and sold it again for 9.5k... busas are a money maker when they look nice....she will be missed...again:laugh::laugh:

I thought this from the beginning. Not surprised AT ALL if they ship 2010's in Jun/Jul.... :lol:

there are 3 in conus after talking some more with the dealer, two of them were sold to a private collector and are not even registered or out of the crate for that matter, and one more that went to tennesee from what he told me. dealer here is very good at working out the numbers and will ship any where in the mainland for those interested...

How about that gorup buy?

How much shipping tho? Maybe time for a trip back to the islands. :laugh:

Mahalo.

as far as shipping goes, they have used shipmybike.com or something like that, that is something that the buyer arranges with them based on preference. But it will need to be insured to be able to cover warranty on the other end.

Back