Calling 'Riccoh' the dealer here in Stuart tells me NO WAY DO YOU HAVE A 2010

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
What dealer did you get yours from ?
I need to help my salesman/friend here put his "factory rep" in his place.

He told me his rep was there just yesterday saying same thing
"No 2010 in the USA"

I say to my friend is Hawaii part of the USA ?
He says "yes why?"

Then I show him your pics on my Iphone.

3 other salesman came over as well as Mgr and were all open mouthed just staring !
Dumbfounded they asked me to get the info from you so they can confront said "factory rep" on this !

I think it's a case of CONUS vs. OCONUS (Contiguous United States* vs. Outside of Contiguous United States)
*[The term excludes the states of Alaska and Hawaii, and all off-shore U.S. territories and possessions, such as Puerto Rico.]

Still have no idea why they're not shipping to the states (CONUS).

i think the prior explanation was hawaii doesnt use suzuki-us, they use suzuki-japan...

Still he bought it from a Suzuki dealer which is in the United States.
It's semantics to argue ConUs vs OConUs .
USA is USA and their rep said no way , no 2010s .

Then I showed them pics and they were all like :wtf:

In his thread he says they had two others also .
The mgr here said he would buy them NOW and ship them over to sell here .
They want to know what when and where that dealer in Hawaii got them from .

Cool !! Thats what we need.... someone to get this started and have these 2010s come to the states...

Whats the reason theyre not shipping them..???

Didnt they sell all the 2009 Hayabusas or what ?

Dealer here in West Palm is out . I was there last week and they said 'sorry all gone'
Dealer in Stuart has a silver one and can get more. They told me their rep said Suzi is gonna skip the 2010 yr and just release 2011s later when it's time .
Neither dealer has any 2010 Suzis but I saw numerous 2010 model Kawis and Hondas.
Suzi is up to something ?

Still he bought it from a Suzuki dealer which is in the United States.

thats where i think its different from the other us dealers. i believe he asked them how/why before and it was because they get them by going to suzuki-japan aka direct, instead of through the suzuki us distributor or whatever.

Dealer here in West Palm is out . I was there last week and they said 'sorry all gone'
Dealer in Stuart has a silver one and can get more. They told me their rep said Suzi is gonna skip the 2010 yr and just release 2011s later when it's time .
Neither dealer has any 2010 Suzis but I saw numerous 2010 model Kawis and Hondas.
Suzi is up to something ?

i cant remember all the brands but even some car manufacturers are skipping the 2010 model year.

thats where i think its different from the other us dealers. i believe he asked them how/why before and it was because they get them by going to suzuki-japan aka direct, instead of through the suzuki us distributor or whatever.

Ok fine .
Hawaii is a state and part of the USA correct ?
So Florida and the other 49 states are also part of the USA correct ?

Then if a Hawaii dealer can go direct to Suzi Japan why can't the other 49 states do exact same thing ?

That's where it doesn't make sense ?
Correct ?

if the bikes were shipped to us then to hawaii wouldnt that be a waste? make the price of the bikes go up just for hawaii or suzuki would take the double ship hit. makes more sense to ship directly from the source.

they have them in canada as well...

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - Hayabusa - 2010 - GSX1300R

where the us version wont show it

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - Hayabusa - 2009 - GSX1300R

just the way it goes. sounds like the made a prediction on how fast the gen 2 would sale and it hasnt panned out. blame it on the economy or whatever, but alot of dealers, not just suzuki have leftovers. suzuki is doing a smart thing for their dealers it seems to me by not flooding the us market with BNG and letting the leftovers get sold.

That's what the Panama canal is for .
A boat from Japan can go right thru and be here in SoFla in no time .

So again Hawaii an American state has them why can't Florida or any other ?

RICCOH WHERE ARE YOU ?
Dad Gummit !
:laugh:

here is the contact info:
Need to Contact Us?.....We are Montgomery Motors/CycleSports Hawaii - 818 Iwilei Road - Honolulu, Hawaii - 96817 - Main (808) 536-7023 - Fax (808) 533-2483..........
ask for Noah or Derek, tell them RiccoH referred you,,, they always get a kick out of that. I really promote them as I'm a satisfied consumer and when I bring someone there they always end up ridding a gixxer...:laugh:

I think there are about 6 or 8 around here and they are not out often, I had mine for a few months and only have 500 mi on the clock....she is becoming famous and moving to virginia early next year..

i will go there tommorow to see what we can do, maybe there is something I can help you all with....
SHOULD we start a 2010 group buy?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I talked to Derek about having a 2010 Busa shipped to Tennessee. He didn't seem to think there would be any problem getting it done. My only question was about getting warranty coverage in the lower 48. He didn't know, and I never followed up on calling Suzuki about it. I need to do that... Ricco, have you checked on that?

Oh, and he did tell me that their bikes come straight from Japan (not through American Suzuki) since they're already like halfway there.

Last edited:
The colors are rather uninspired if you ask me.

Why no yellow/black? I can't imagine what's stopping them. I would trade in my '08 today for a yellow/black with the same paint scheme.

Back